Alternate Realities & Dreaming

I have had the opportunity to re-view the recording, but while driving so I did not take good notes. A couple thoughts have formed nevertheless, bridging from the final moments of our discussion about the direction of learning and intellectual commerce via the site:

• Research Aides: I would like to think of myself, and perhaps you include yourself in this, as aiding the research of others on the site. I am nobody’s fool or pedant’s lackey, but when someone has an idea they wish to pursue, I embody that desire and seek to read-up and bring our best thoughts to the table. We had two examples from the conversation…
  1. Commerce: I am imagining that we do another one-on-one session this time with the focus on Loeffler’s work, provide a great (enough) summary so that others can get the gist of it.
    With this basic recording we can take it in many directions, see if others are interested—> one idea I have is to honor Marco’s request:

I would like to piece together a Cafe honing in on Loeffler’s last section entitled “Distributing Potentiality: Economies of Access as Fractal-Genetic Coupling in the Technological Civilization” … it is a reasonably short reading for a Cafe and , with our one-on-one summary on the paper, I feel this would demonstrate the depth of integration we seek. Other topics relevant to Loeffler that we have discussed in the past: Paul Mason and PostCapitalism (which @achronon, @Geoffreyjen_Edwards and @patanswer responded to) and the Gift Economy (which @madrush and @care_save wish to embed within the Cosmic framework)

1. What is the body? What is our body at its best? You stated that you didn’t quite complete the effort in the Alternate Realities 8 and we only somewhat explored the idea. I would like to see where you want to go next with this.
4 Likes