Originally published at: https://www.metapsychosis.com/events/bateson-reading-group-2019-01-24/
Legend : GB=Gregory Bateson’s “Steps to an Ecology of Mind” ; NB=Nora Bateson’s “Small Arcs of Larger Circles”
GB: Experiments in Thinking about Observed Ethnological Material
NB: Mental Mono-Cropping
NB: (inter)Facing an Ecology of Mind…
Readers Underground participants:
Recorded 24 January 2019
Johnny Davis leads the discussion with an introduction to this week’s reading. The group reflects on the patterns that connect, mono-cropping; loose and strict thinking; and meta-reflect upon previous week’s discussions. Johnny later leads the group in an exercise in sense making.
- Ian McGilchrist - Master and the Emissary (right/left brain)
Johnny Davis leads the discussion with an introduction to this week’s reading
- Mike Zundel: “Chapter 23, Bateson (1904-1980)” in The Oxford Handbook of Process Philosophy and Organization Studies, edited by Jenny Helin, Tor Hernes, Daniel Hjorth, Robin Holt
- Mind and Nature - GB
- Victor Turner - Liminality, Structure (any specific book @artex?)
- Peter Jones- Upsidedown Gods
- John Lilly- Center of the Cyclone
- Maxwell King - The Good Neighbor
- Nora Bateson article on Liminal Leadership
The Bateson Reading Group is a weekly series of virtual meetings, conducted via Zoom video conference, with accompanying discussion in the Readers Underground forum channel @ Infinite Conversations.
New members: Sign up for this group to learn how to participate.
Current members: please let the organizer (@Geoffrey_Edwards) know if you would like to join.
Zoom ID : 529 874 104