Caroline's Needs & Offers in 2018

gift-economy
worktrade

(Caroline Savery) #1

Hello! I want to share with this community an experimental and open-ended framework I built in Google Drive for communicating information about my needs and offers, and invite you to comment (in the spreadsheet) or send me a message (here is fine!) if you see potential overlap.

My overarching goal of fostering more outside-of-money meaningful relationships. I’m talking trust-based economy: actually having and developing the trust of working together with hand-picked people. Many potential exchanges are appropriate for people local to me (Denver, Colorado), but nevertheless…

There’s also an emphasis on permaculture practice and study, but if you see opportunity for an exchange that pertains to creative production, do reach out :slight_smile:

You can comment in the spreadsheet directly (commenting accessibility is universal) with your name & contact info, or message me: care_save.

Cheers,
Caroline

(Douglas Duff) #2

This was another one of those posts that I loved and neglected to provide response. I love this, the shading, the recognition of skills that may go unnoticed as skills.

About the only fun fact I can provide for you is: If growing vegetables in containers and having issue with keeping up with pests, certain pests, such as flea beetles and other jumping insects, can be thwarted by elevating the plant to a table or higher spot. This worked great for my eggplants last year…hardly related to permaculture, or your listed interests, but nonetheless useful.

(Marco V Morelli) #3

Hey Caroline: This isn’t exactly on your list, but is both an offer and a request inspired by your list, open to you and anyone else in the Boulder/Denver, CO area—while hopefully inspiring others to do the same in their own backyard. I’d love to have a buddy system / meet-up group that gets together, say, once a month to go out to some event in the local / underground arts & culture scene. We could go to an open-mic poetry reading, for example; a concert or a gallery opening; a co-op social or a hacker meet-up; or whatever weird thing might be going on. We could host our own events, too.

The outings would be a cross between talent scouting—always on the lookout for brilliant minds and radiant souls (this is our secret agent / ulterior purpose)—and a chance just to get out and have fun, then report back to the meta-community on our adventures. I am looking for diamonds in the rough, serendipitous encounters with amazing intelligences, aesthetic treasures in wild. We can take photo and video, or capture notes or lines of poetry, as the mood strikes, and connect to synapses in the Cosmosphere.

In general, I want to do more in-person, local stuff, and build bridges across contexts. The more smoothly we can flow between offline and online, the better, it seems to me. And it’s almost always good to get away from the screen for a while. I wonder who else might be up for some art nights on the town… :city_sunset:

(Caroline Savery) #4

I’m game! Been thinking I want the same thing: more socializing, but curated socializing, in the vein of weird artsy exposures. Definitely thinking along the same lines.