[CC] = Cosmos Cooperative
This is the first in a series of posts articulating the core concepts of Cosmos Cooperative. This entry contains a list of these concepts, along with relevant questions and related topics. It is also intended to serve as a To-Do list for ideas requiring further elucidation.
The purpose of this “core” series is to develop a practical and poetic scaffolding for a “1.0” version of the co-op constitution—which we might think of as our organizational “source code.” In legal terms, it will consitute our By-laws.
The intent is to fashion our co-op structure in a style similar to how open-source software is created, which is to say, transparently and collaboratively, enabling diverse contributions from a distributed network, while making the underlying conceptual framework available to members of the network (and the public) to use and build upon. The cooperative conception adds the ideals of inclusive ownership and democratic governance to anchor the project in an integral organizational architecture and social design.
The goal is to encode a set of values, functions, and objectives within a common set of generative namespaces in a way that honors the vision of the original poetic act, while making possible many more such acts (other projects, other metaphors), i.e., creative participation.
##Leadership & Community
As founding poet and co-op organizer, @madrush [Marco V Morelli] serves as “lead developer” for the Cosmos Co-op project.
Core contributors include:
- @Carmen_Leilani [Carmen Leilani De Jesus] – (co-)operations
- @Jeremy [Jeremy Johnson] – editorial vision
- @kayla [Kayla Morelli] – visual design
- @charles [Charles Gammil] – podcast network, audio production
@JimT [Jim Trattner] is the first member of our Wisdom Council.
@jasonwiener [Jason Wiener] is our Legal Council.
There will be many opportunities to get involved. Once you’ve become acquainted with the concepts below, please feel free to join the conversation.
A live co-op development meeting takes place every Tuesday at 1 pm Mountain Time via Zoom video conference. [REGISTER HERE.]
Thoughtful, creative, critical, imaginative, and open dialogue is welcome in the forum anytime. We aim to cultivate the free play of thought, while abiding by the principles “civilized discussion.” Please refer to our guidelines/FAQs to learn more.
##The Core Concepts
- Creative Democracy [mission / vision / values]
- Organization, Platform, Projects
- A Theory of Everybody
- E-Zone [curation]
- Infinite Conversations [podcast network]
- Infinite Conversations [forum]
- LitGeeks Book Club > The Untimely: readers underground
- Creative Studio
- Membership Structure [Multi-Stakeholder Cooperative]
- Worker Members
- Creative Members
- Sustaining Members [“Friends of…”]
- Member Benefits
- Equity Investment
- Profits & Dividends
- Artists In Residence
- Benefactors & Investors
- Syndicate of Inception
- Syndicate of Production
- Syndicate of Co-operation
- Wisdom Council
- Organizational API [partner orgs]
- Gift Economy
- Litcoin [+ Dimcoin, Darkcoin]
- EQcoin [equity shares]
- 70/30 Ratio
- Co-op Marketplace
- Proof of Concept (Infinite Possibilities)
- Co-op Constitution [“org source code”]
- Ethics (& Aesthetics)
- Best Practices
- Road Map
- Platform Cooperativism
- Open Participatory Organization [OPO]
- Peer-to-Peer [P2P]
- Creative Commons
- Social Poetics
- Social Organism / Meta-Ecosystem
- Planetary Thought
- Integral/Aperspectival Structure
- Cosmos Consortium
- Articles of Incorporation
- Authorized Capital
- Common stock
- Preferred stock
- Board of Directors
- Voting & Consent
- Organizational Consents
- Why a co-op?
- Who owns it?
- Who decides? [paradox of founding]