Co-op Shop Talk – Tuesday 3/14, 12 pm MDT

shop-talk
invitation
meeting

(Marco V Morelli) #1

Hello everybody—

@care_save and I are going to continue our weekly series of live-recorded community podcasts to talk about what’s new with Cosmos.

If you haven’t heard the first episode, you can find it here:

Some of what we discussed didn’t quite come to pass, partly because I got pretty sick earlier this week. But the deeper current flows on, and we’ll just pick up where we left off.

We’re highly like to talk about Cosmos beta membership, which we’re very, very near—exceedingly close; separated by only the most infinitesimal chasm—to officially opening up. We might also get into the structural concept of how Cosmos will be a multi-stakeholder co-op, allowing for different (and even overlapping) degrees and depths of participation, with fluidity. There will also be time for announcements, questions, feedback and dialogue.

If you have items you’d like to add to the agenda, please comment below.

We’re just beginning to develop the format for these, but here’s an idea of how the hour might look:

• Check-ins, his and hellos (5 minutes)
  • Updates from Marco and Caroline, dialogue (20 minutes)
  • Community Q&A, dialogue, (20 minutes)
  • Project updates & announcements (10 minutes)
  • Anything goes / ciao (5 minutes)

This talk will be recorded and streamed live—like a radio show. I might even find some jingle music.

We’re using the Zoom video conferencing system, though being on camera is optional.

Here are the call-in details:

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/573718689

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,573718689# or +14086380968,573718689#

Or Telephone:

###Time Zone Conversion

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Cosmos+Co-op+Shop+Talk&iso=20170314T12&p1=75&ah=1

##Before the Meeting

Check out cosmos.coop, if you haven’t already.

I’m looking forward to talking with you soon!

(charles) #2

I still don’t see the link to view the recording. Can you copy/paste it to a reply plz @madrush?

(charles) #3

found it I think—>

(Marco V Morelli) #4

Hello everyone- just a quick update on this event. As it turned out, Caroline wasn’t able to make it due to a previous obligation that went longer than expected; and since no one else showed up, I ended up talking to myself. In fact, I decided to test out the Spreaker podcast recording/broadcasting web app and recorded a 15-minute monologue , which honestly, is not worth sharing. It’s basically just me practicing doing a “radio” talk about the website we’ve been working on, Cosmos.coop, which is very close to be ready for sharing more publicly, but not quite ready for prime time just yet. (Maybe tomorrow!)

I’m going to schedule this call again for next week, though. And by then for sure the website should be live and we’ll be inviting new members, and there will be more to talk about.

Thanks for your patience as we get our act together! We’re going to be recruiting people to serve our on Welcoming Committee soon. If you’re interested, please drop me and/or @care_save a message.