Cooperative Equity and Ownership: an Introduction (PDF)

Homework: cooperative-equity-and-ownership.pdf (2.8 MB)

1 Like

Note that we will most likely be a “multi-stakeholder” co-op, where core staff, for example, has a different status (as far as voting, dividends, etc.) than supporting or creative members.

2 Likes

hoooooooooomework! ughhhhhhhhhh. can we take the weekend to finish Mr. Morelli?! I saw a movie last weekend where this fat, white, entitled American went around to other countries and asked people why they stole all his best ideas about taking care of eachother and he wants them back.

one of the ideas was less to no homework.

Interviewer: How did you get so smart, Mr. Wallace?
David Foster Wallace: I did the reading.

1 Like

fat lot of good it did him. alright I’ll read it as soon as I have a little nap.

Oh, well, I haven’t even read it all yet. Just some parts. But enough to see that it would be a good primer for the general landscape we’re entering. Terminology, etc.

1 Like

1st question is, what state are we going to coopt in? should we strategize it as rhode island? what does the lawyer say?

Lawyer says Colorado actually has good co-op laws, and since I’m here, and Jer is planning to move here, this will keep it all local and easy to access legal and accounting.

2 Likes