Cosmos Café [2/26/19] - Introduction to Davor Löffler's Generative Realities

I would love to further develop the notion of “outsight.” I’ve never thought it before, but it would seem to be the obvious complement to “insight.”

There is a deeply hypothetical question at the core of Loeffler’s project, it seems. How can we know what’s outside of what we know? Or taking it one step further, how can we know what we don’t know we don’t know? To cross-breed discourses: how is “exo studies” even possible, if this is in a way (minus the UFO component) what Löffler is doing?

I wonder if Davor would have a shorter piece in English we could publish on Metapsychosis—an introduction to his introduction to his much lengthier work in German. I feel attracted to his “deep futurology” and the “leap in civilizational time before a catastrophe” he seems to be trying to generate through his “future anterior” theorizing.

And Herr Ed, of the dissertative forum posts—weren’t you complaining about the the length of Germanic philosophy texts? :wink:

Perhaps your challenge could prompt Löffler to offer a more efficient compression and operationalization of his ideas, which might bring the discussion into a more focused “cone of realization.”

How can we take the “imaginal leap” from history into outsight? I would love to hear @patanswer and Davor jamming on this. :exploding_head:

6 Likes