Cosmos Café [7/2] - The Next Steps for the Cosmos

We may be building a culture, consciously, indeed! Meta-consciously… “designing” a “scene,” or cultivating conditions for “scenius”… has that ever been done before? I wonder! If it has, maybe it was so successful we never noticed… the Illuminati … :wink:

Are we the illuminati? LOL. I do believe we are intentionally shaping culture, only not for “world domination” as people presume the Illuminati to be after… so much as for “world integration,” or “worlds harmonization” “worlds meshing”… “dream synthesis”…?

I’d love to have a reading group read “The Patterning Instinct” by Jeremy Lent, it’s a historical excavation of the “cognitive structures”–the core metaphors for “how and what the world is”–that evolved in human collective sense-making processes since the advent of language. The metaphors we hold for the world shape our actions on the world, which shapes the world in return… I am fascinated indeed by the idea that we could apply our intelligences to sculpting a desired culture, one that “feeds back” certain holistically generative potentials, in perpetuity…

Hard to express the heart-stuck-in-the-throat elation that these open inquisitive spaces afford me… thanks for all the co-generation!

7 Likes