Cosmos Wisdom Council – Meeting #2 [5/11]

event
recording
wisdom-council

(Marco V Morelli) #1

Second meeting exploring the concept of creating a “Wisdom Council” as an aspect of Cosmos’ organizational structure. The meeting begins with a 5-minute meditation.

Participants:

Also see:

Date recorded: May 11, 2018

Event page

Convening a Cosmos Wisdom Council
Convening a Cosmos Wisdom Council
(Marco V Morelli) #2

This event’s coming up today, and I will be there to talk about the wisdom function in Cosmos, or perhaps, what we might conceptualize as an “ecology of practices” relating to the cultivation of wisdom in the Cosmosphere.

I’ve had some personal and specific insight-experiences recently which might come through, and I hope to hold good space for whatever else wants to come through whomever else shows up.

This is an open inquiry, and an experiment. And this may be the last WC meeting for the time being (at least that I organize). If it happens, it will be recorded and we can build upon what we bring forth. And, what happens next will be determined by what happens now.

(Ann Roberts) #3

@madrush and I had a great conversation yesterday which morphed from the ‘wisdom function in cosmos’ to hearing the transition and transformation that Marco is going through personally and how this opens the space for the development of this co-operative. We played with images that would capture the evolutionary purpose of Cosmos and offer a ground to share, to explore, to expand, to deepen next steps based on the shift Marco is making. Mmmmm was truly a honour to listen to the revealing. Marco will be posting the recording and I really commend it to the community.

PS— @madrush here is the link to the video I mentioned - not that the content is relevant but just the black and white imagery that, from my perspective, offers clean and clever visuals to get a message over. https://www.now-here.com/about-us

(Marco V Morelli) #4

Dear @annroberts~ I’ve uploaded the video, though I would still like to review it for the sake of recollection and discerning deeper meaning, and could hopefully share some notes if I do.

However, the salient memory hovering in my mind from our talk is the image of you swimming in the waters off Scotland. At first it reminded me of @johnnydavis54’s cold showers (I am sure the pure effect of the water is similarly exhilarating) but as the image has grown with my weekend brooding, it has transformed into a poetic scene.

I am reminded of Friedrich Nietzsche, who philosophized: Live dangerously! And I can imagine you, child of the Earth, ‘living dangerously’ as a body moving through dark waters. The image is alive with blues and greys; there is mist but a clarity of breath and muscular motion. The vision is widescreen, cinematic, with bright lucidity, even as perception shifts and sloshes amidst undercurrents and surface waves.

As it happens, over the weekend, my girls got to watch a beautiful movie about the sea, and finding one’s voice, which I think may also relate to the above image. The movie is called Song of the Sea:

Based on the Irish legend of the Selkies, Song of the Sea tells the story of the last seal-child, Saoirse, and her brother Ben, who go on an epic journey to save the world of magic and discover secrets of their past. Pursued by the owl witch, Macha, and a host of ancient and mythical creatures, Saoirse and Ben race against time to awaken Saoirse’s powers and keep the spirit world from disappearing forever.

(Marco V Morelli) #5

A few more notes from our talk, @annroberts:

• Wisdom is not the prerogative of chronological elders, but can emerge out of process that brings together all the relevant perspectives on a question; that said, elders can bring life experience and resources to a wisdom council process.
  • “The Council” is a body/structure we might consider from from an organizational perspective. A “wisdom council” would then be a process whereby the Council makes important decisions. This process can be initiated by “calling Council.”
  • We also discussed the importance of “liberating discipline,” via the Zero Chiefs (whom I’d like to learn more about).
  • Are we moving toward a “simplicity on the other side of complexity”?
  • There is a need, which you expressed, for an image to represent the co-op as a whole, to get past some of the impenetrable language, and we dreamt together of what that might look like: A mandala, sacred geometry, but dynamic, with things “pulsing out” and also showing the people dimensions of Cosmos. Cosmos is made of people. A synaesthetic map. Could we write a creative brief for a designer or animator to create this?
    • We are all ‘stars’ in this Cosmos, expressing varying phases of our own birth, growth, development, etc.
  • To the question, “What is your deepest heart’s desire?” you are currently working with this statement: “To enable the transformation of myself and others by illuminating our evolutionary purpose through sharing the wisdom of Mother Earth.” You noted the importance for you of including your own transformation in this formulation. I resonated with this, and some of my own thoughts lately are along similar lines…
  • Finally, we talked about my feeling of reaching a limit to what I can do as co-op organizer, and my desire to let Cosmos’ organization, per se, to sit on the back burner for a while, allowing others to step up (if they will) while I focus on writing, editing, and web development for the time being. I also shared about my desire to end the Cosmos “beta” program and move our finances to OpenCollective, which I will be following up on with some communication to the wider group.
  • But there remains the question of leadership, and what’s called for with discernment.

Overall, I really enjoyed our talk, a especially appreciated your grounded lucidity. I hope my notes and helpful to anyone interested in this topic. Please let me know if there’s anything important I missed, or that’s here, but which we could expand upon or clarify.

(Ann Roberts) #6

I completely missed your reply @madrush - this is me in catch up mode. Off for a bite of lunch with hubby and I will be back this afternoon:)