Douglas Hofstadter’s I Am a Strange Loop - Session 5 [Cosmos Café 2022-04-07]

A more direct way to interact with these images is through the voice of Phillip Moffitt who brings these creative teachings to the West. His audio meditations offers a much needed guidance to the etheric and beyond, a guidance that seems absent, as most yoga teachers and therapists, are underdeveloped in the capacities that Moffitt transmits in his talks and writings. Many of us will resonate with these meditations and find these vibes familiar but uncoordinated with one another. This leads to much confusion.

Most current yoga in the West works with the vital body ( not to be confused with the etheric). Western Psychology, dominated by the mumbo jumbo of a materialist dogma, delves into trauma and memory but with uneven results. A deep study of these different kinds of practice and meta- theory, (which we have already undertaken), could compliment much of Western Occult practices now being re-shaped by many practitioners. A Post-Materialist Model of the Mind is happening. I want to encourage this here. Sean Esborn-Hargens lamented that he was not sure that he could recognize these trends as the Deficient Mental is so dominant in most of us. I expect that with wider acceptance of a new methodology more resilence could come through our communication networks and to the aura of the Earth/World, an aura which is leaking vital energies badly. We can’t do this without the stabilizations of the vital from the etheric body.

Out of the violent clash of these incomplete paradigms, a new trend may be emergent, that can house East and West , and can lift the veil that blocks the in between of these multiple dimensions. Awareness of these dimensions would bring about a new culture. Destruction of the biosphere would not be inevitable. A new political culture will arise out of the ashes. Here is a link to Moffitt’s meditations which also are poetic creations, the language weaves together these dimensions in a superb performance. This is an attaintment, as he says, and not an egoic acheivement. After studying these talks before bed, I went into the dreamtime with a clear sense that " I " am a container. The audio talks can be found at this website, I hope others will be encouraged by my account.

Subtle Dream 4/14/22
I am in the passenger seat of the truck, my father is the driver. We stop at a cross-roads. A troupe of performers are doing a gymnastic routine of somekind with enormous precision. After they stop performing I say to a man in the troupe," I can see the other performance from which yours comes from. " As I describe this “double performance” from another dimension, I get a strong feeling of crossing a threshold and it is quite ecstatic. " In that other performance, " I tell the caucasian man, " you are a black woman."

The man tells me, " Be careful. What you say comes from Soul and there are some in your hearing who are not ready for this." I notice my father has soap and water and is trying to clean up the inside of the truck which is filthy. He certainly is clueless about what I speak of. I get out of the vehicle.

In my hand I see that I hold a purple flower. As I watch the flowers seem to grow out of my flesh. Flowers turn into a mandala shape and smell of Earth. I notice that a square tunnel appears in the space of the flowering mandala in the center of my right palm. I make a turn to my right and face the tunnel with my whole bodymind and float/swim through it to the other side. On the other side there is a beautiful light and on the ground is large drawing which I study. I notice that the light grows dim and as I give attention to this the light brightens. I notice this dimming and brightening has something to do with my regulation of affects. I am regulating the emotional body.

I gather with a community of friendly humans, male and female, in subtle bodies. I put my head in the lap of a man who soothes me with his invisble form. I ask him who he is. He says," Johnny" I’m not sure if he is myself in some subtle form, a double of myself, or is an other with my own childhood name. It doesn’t appear to matter to me as I accept the healing energy that comes from his presence with gratitude. On my chest appears a black and white animal, like a skunk. I am not alarmed by this creature which seems so peaceful, resting on my chest.

I say farewell to my companions and kiss the hands of the lovely ladies in a courtly fashion. I float back through the square tunnel to another side. What appears is a large white space, like an airport, but with no windows. I see two women in floor length black dresses from the nineteenth century. I see two sets of three pillars appear in parallel. There are between the pillars black curtains, some of them are tied together by a sash, some of the curtains are open and spread wide between the pillars… I realize that I know the women and call out their names but they have both crossed between the pillars, beyond the black curtains and have gone in opposite directions to one another. I abandon trying to chase after them and I can’t upon awakening remember thier names.

Meta-commnets. From the waking state, I gather these images and thought feels and register a great gratitude for the Nine Bodies teachings and my expectation that what has been revealed could be for my eyes only or could be of use to a group dynamic of researchers who can catch this vibe.

And what happens next? I am taking a workshop with a poet who asked us to bring a dream. This is the dream that I plan to share. Perhaps, she can teach me how to navigate through an inter-subjective writing project, an explortion of the Nine Bodies materials.

And when aware of the interplay of the Subtle Body of the Earth, then what happens to the Earth?

2 Likes