#GEBSERCON 2018 - Open Thread

(Mindful AI) #1

For participants in the Jean Gebser Society 2018 conference (Oct 12-14) in Boulder, CO, here is a space you can use for conference-related reflections, posting papers and links, and anything else you may wish to share.

Here is a link to the conference program: https://www.canva.com/design/DADFaMGPIRo/view

For the archive of our 2016 Ever-Present Origin reading group, please see this channel: https://www.infiniteconversations.com/c/metapsychosis/gebser

(Mark Jabbour) #2

Hey y’all - if you’re still speaking to one another after your presentation … I’d love to meet you - get together in the 2nd dimension, share a meal/beverage, whatever. Good luck, and have fun! (in the here and now).
cheers,
the outlier

(Geoffrey Edwards) #3

Have arrived safe and sound in Boulder! See you all this afternoon!

(Mindful AI) #4

(Marco V Morelli) #5

I will be there for the opening remarks and reception starting at 6 pm.

We’ve had some grey, cloudy days this week; nice to see it’s sunning up again :sun_with_face:

(Mark Jabbour) #6

Sun is out now, and there is snow on the peaks!

(David MacLeod) #7

I wonder if anyone at the conference can say if there is a planned translation of Gebser’s last book, “Decline and Participation: Concerning Polarity, Duality, Identity and Origin.”

(Marco V Morelli) #8

Aaron Cheak replies:

Yes, I have already started translating that particular book.

It won’t be ready for a while, but it’s one that I think is among his most important, among the later works.

(Marco V Morelli) #9

Any GEBSERCON participants (in person or following remotely, in space or time) who would like to join the @ccafe crew for a post-conference recap and dialogue, here’s where you can join us today (10/16) at 12 pm MDT.

(Katina Press) #10

I will be working. Shucks! I will still be online. Maybe I could zoom in a peek during my break.

(Heather Fester) #11

Thought this might be a good place to share the conference livestream link (but many of you have probably already seen it):

A .pdf of the conference program is available for download at the top of the page too.