How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan

reading-list

(Kayla Morelli) #22

Being that I regularly spend hours in the Juvenile section of our local library, I once discovered that there’s such a thing as a “Young Readers” edition of Omnivore’s Dilemma. I haven’t read it, but just a heads up that it exists. I’ve also happened upon a Young Readers edition of Hidden Figures, for example. I would estimate “Young Readers” denotes about middle school, based on how thick the books are and type size.

(Douglas Duff) #23

Great to know, thank you Kayla. Wondering if they have Sloterdijk’s Spheres trilogy or Aurobindo’s Collected Works YR editions? :thinking:

In all of the reading with my five-year-old and re-reading of childhood text, I am learning the importance of simplicity (KISS, ELI5, Occam’s Razor, the principle of parsimony) and the treasures that can be found in young readers’ literature. I have an avid reader in the house (he has read all of the Magic Treehouse books…at age five!) so it won’t be long before we will be able to discuss bigger topics like our food trail or the world’s hidden underlaborers.