IDEO.org Design Kit

Design Kit is hardly the only place to learn about the power of human-centered design. These books, guides, and free downloads are all great destinations to help you routinely innovate and solve big problems.

http://www.designkit.org/resources

I will task myself reading through the Design Kit(designed for non profits) towards tweaking select parts towards coop design. I’ll hold on some other tasks I’m considering, pending our growing, mutual understanding about prioritised tasks.

Haven’t gotten up to speed here yet, feel free to move this into its own topic if that’s better

Participatory design, patterns and developing democracy: Douglas Schuler. I’m reading through some of his books and articles, to see what insights can be applied to Creative Democracy.

edited to add this Democracy Manifesto via Marco

Liquid democracy. This is very Berlin, Europe. I believe there’s patterns and practices there that can be adapted, eg for Creative Democracy. Also, I’ve talked with Michel Bauwens on and off the last couple of years, he’s both wise and kind and open to new forms of currencies and governance.

Thanks, John. Maybe I will combine all these resources into a single thread, then we can split off any that folks want to discuss more deeply.

I met Michel briefly a couple months ago at an event in Boulder. I hope, once we have a more coherent and succinct presentation of the overall concept, he will be willing to look at it and offer his thoughts. It would be wonderful, as well, to have him as a podcast guest to discuss p2p more generally.

I can ask him, I’m sure he would be more than willing to help.

1 Like