After an introductory session last week, our Life Divine study group begins its discussion of Aurobindo’s text, with Matteo leading the conversation (after Marco’s opening remarks, and a silent meditation) with a ritual mantra from the first pages of the book.
The Life Divine, Chapters 1–5 (pps. 1–46)
Hosted by the editors of Metapsychosis.com, Journey to Supermind is a series of reading/writing and creative/spiritual practice events dedicated to the philosopher, poet, integral yogi, and spiritual revolutionary Sri Aurobindo.
In this weekly series running from June to November 2018, we are reading his magnum opus of evolutionary metaphysics, The Life Divine, while creating a field for exploring his poetic and literary works (e.g., Savitri); political and historical thought (e.g., The Human Cycle); and practical teachings on human transformation, or Integral Yoga (e.g., The Synthesis of Yoga).
Date Recorded: June 7, 2018
- The Life Divine – A Study Guide compiled by David Hutchinson, fall 2003h
- The Integral Yoga of Sri Aurobindo, with Debashish Banerji [New Thinking Allowed /YouTube]
- Glossary of Sanskrit
- Judith Tyberg’s Language of the Gods
- Debashish Banerji’s Seven Quartets of Becoming
(Introduction provided by the author)
- Journey to Supermind: Sri Aurobindo Reading & Practice Groups — Overview, Schedule, Guidelines and Resources