Personal Introductions (2016–2019)

This is very cool work, @lorinmartin… you’ll find a number of people here quite interested in this. I have done some work on measuring posture and breathing and have been interested in HRV for some time. I can see how work in this area might naturally lead you towards an interest in altered states of consciousness, but at the same time, I think it takes a special sensitivity to actually engage in this reading - not every neuroscientist would be so open, I would hazard. I look forward to hearing more.

In addition to the Aurobindo reading group, you might enjoy our reading of Erin Manning’s The Minor Gesture. If you have time, listen to the recording of our first session, at which the author was herself present. Although a philosopher rather than a scientist, Erin has worked a lot with issues of neurodiversity, which is another area where the two domains intersect. Our discussions are ongoing, every two weeks, but we are only on Chapter Two so you wouldn’t have to catch up much… Just a suggestion :slight_smile: