Philosophy in a New Key, by Susanne K. Langer – Session 2 [Cosmos Café 2021-11-18]

Thanks John. That reminds me of something you posted when we researched Jennifer Gidley’s Appendix C: “Literacy Unveiled: Art as Language from a Palaeoaesthetic Perspective” from The Evolution of Consciousness as a Planetary Imperative:

I do not have much time to post at the moment but I do appreciate you posting the important seed questions Johnny. These are questions I cannot answer easily. The relevance of Susanne Langer to our current cultural climate is still developing as we read, type and speak about this work. I know we can parse things out in our conversation tomorrow, as we do, and want to invite a full spectrum of temperature to the call. Too much of our social media is too hot. Too much of our physical encounters are cold and a certain boundary is lifted or a safety bubble overprotects us from encounters with the full spectrum of what is possible. I believe that sharing our given temperature places, in real time, that which is possible and makes our possibilities a reality. I want to state upfront that I very much appreciated the tone of our last conversation and would like a solid structure or grounding as @achronon graciously provided last meeting (no pressure Marco!). I would also like for us to get down and dirty, to turn up the heat if we feel the thermostat needs shifting.

2 Likes