Post Truth

AOC and Zuckerberg wrestle with words and meanings within a post-truth culture that appears to be in free fall. And who will be giving birth to beauty in this brave new world? I can’t imagine it will be Zuckerberg.

2 Likes

Zuckerberg sounds more like Sgt. Schulz than the CEO of a major corporation.

3 Likes

And if Zuckerberg sounds like a Nazi stooge ( and I agree that he does) AOC strikes me as a Pussy with a Whip! She makes this clown dance to her tune!

2 Likes

About ‘going meta’. AOC is capable of ‘going meta’. She changes levels on Zuckerman several times. Her questions are meta-questions. She is investigating his decision making process with him in public. You can sense her direction and speed is far faster and deeper than his. She is long term and sorts by Others with a strong internal frame. He is short term and thinks only for himself, while manipulating the others. He is smart. obviously, but not smart enough, as she contrasts his past disasters with his possible futures at the public expense, if he is allowed to continue on his nihilistic trajectory. AOC (Group B) exposes the Ponzi scheme that Libra will become. Zuckerberg ( Group A), the great Spin-Meister, mimics Group B second order thinking, trying to claim higher ground, while realizing group A’s first order, shallow, self-contradictory nonsense. He is working at the level of the problem, she is working at another level and she is easier to understand because she makes good sense . He does not. His body language indicates that he is very mixed up. He looks like a little boy who has dropped his lollipop. That she does this while maintaining rapport with Zuckerberg and the audience demonstrates a lot of meta-skill. And she does this by identifying patterns and meta-patterns, rather than creating unnecessary drama by getting personal. She is a very cool operator, good at tactics and strategy. He is a super rich fraud, the emperor has no clothes. AOC commands a much higher quality of attention than he does.People actually are listening to her and seeing him in a new way. She has control of her tone, which she probably learned by dealing with macho drunks when she was a bartender in the Bronx. Never does she get shrill or start posturing the way too many other Democrats tend to do. His corporate mumbo jumbo is revealed. AOC makes good use of her spectacular skills, which is why her opponents are worried. I think she tips the national conversation in different directions. And she has a vision, and is leading a movement, while he only has a personal mission. which is to make a lot of money, at the public’s expense, as he off loads moral responsibility to third parties that he has hired to ‘fact check’ . We are swimming in a sea of Zuckerberg’s factoids. This public display seems to indicate a clash between deficient Mental( Herr Zuckerberg) and an Efficient Rational ( AOC) as our politics enters a phase space.

3 Likes

The best minds of my generation…

…and the international fact-checking network.

No further comment (from me) at this time.

3 Likes

Simply this: He has goals. She has goals and values. Of the many kinds of encounter where goals-only can steam-roll values, open discourse is not one of those. Speaking truth to power works because of the KIND of truth that is spoken.

She seems to know this from her bones.

2 Likes