Savitri Reading Group - Book VII, Canto II: The Parable of the Search for the Soul - 19 Jan 2022

Speaker View

Gallery View

Audio

Hi @Geoffreyjen_Edwards, @andreavdl, and @JohnRobert ~ thanks for your reading. I enjoyed listening, in order to catch up before our next reading tomorrow. I particularly resonated with those lines about the past clinging to our ankles, even as we strive to grow and evolve, and find (and live more fully in) our soul-being. Who couldn’t relate to that? Not only on an individual level, but collectively as well (our species-karma, one might say)—thanks for that addition, John Robert.

I remain curious about how one would actually go about divinizing one’s own cells. There are something like 3 trillion of them! How does one consciously operate on that level, as the Mother said she was doing? I do not doubt that it is possible, but how exactly does it work? Is it the kind of thing that could be “objectively” observed, for example, the way that the structure of water can be altered by applied vibrational frequencies (aka Cymatics)? Could the same be principle applies to cellular structures at subtler levels, a fine-tuning of the cells, as it were?

I know that the new field of “subtle energy science” is starting to look at these kinds of questions. I’m sure the topic will come up again in our future readings!

Dear Marco, you might like to read The Mind of the Cells, with transcriptions by Satprem of Mother’s process.

Hope you had a good retreat and a chance to regroup.

Happy to see you again with us tomorrow :wink: Andrea

1 Like

Thanks for that suggestion, Andrea. I will look it up.

Yes, the trip was a “success,” and I am actively regrouping.

I am looking forward to the next Canto. See you soon!

Hi Marco,

These are good questions about Mother’s yoga of the cells. There is a volume of her collected works called Notes on the Way in which she describes her explorations in detail. I’ve read this volume 3 or 4 times and find it very mysterious. It is of necessity written in words—actually, recorded from her spoken words—and she repeatedly says of her experiences that words are wholly inadequate or useless to describe them. In a related vein, speaking about the diversity of languages in India as a barrier to her unity, Mother once said:

Unity must be a living fact and not the imposition of an arbitrary rule. When India will be one, she will have spontaneously a language understood by all.

I suspect many people can relate to Mother’s frustration with the inadequacy of words to express some inner sensations or perceptions. It’s as if we need a new languaging for expressing some of these things. And maybe a new kind of language will come out of new forms of consciousness. In the Future Poetry, Sri Aurobindo also wrote about the need for a new language to express new consciousness. I think Savitri and some of his other poetry were steps along that path. I often feel “no one can write this way!” when reading some of the mind-bending lines in Savitri.

This is a fertile field for discussion and exploration.

Glad you are back to the Savitri circle,
John Robert

1 Like

Thanks for that reference, John Robert. I will check it out, along with Andrea’s recommendation, which I found a PDF through a Google search

I think you are on to something here. With new language, we can have new thoughts that influence the realities we create and experience. I do believe this, and have witnessed it in my own life. I also think that poetry can be a source of new language and new consciousness. Of course, it can do this because it recovers “old language” and ancient thought—which is I think a power of poetry and the arts, a combining of past and future-oriented consciousness to create a new vision of the present and experience of time. Savitri is a great example of that.