See You In Our Dreams – Reading Performance Group and Social Dreaming Experiment

DITTO from the Hippy on Steroids ( at Times)

1 Like

I hear ya! It’s my overly positive nature that leads me to even consider the unintended offer. something LH is working me towards: ‘lower your expectations, Mark - they’re unrealistic.’
cheers buddy

3 Likes

Opening the Sensuous Body
Without Fear of Fear
Awesome Surfing this Wave
of Dreaming!!!

2 Likes

Thanks, fellas. Michael, I am reminded that you participated in an early experiment doing virtual community theater on this site. 'Twas Shakespeare, then and now!

Star-crossed, it would seem we remain…

2 Likes

This is just a Riff on my Day-Dreaming Streaming in the Last hour or so,I came across an Artist I haven’t encountered & remembering the love of Birds here by a Few,
decided to share what my Day-Dreaming manifested:
The Creation of Birds-Remedios Vara

3 Likes

Thank you, Michael. I needed to see that felicitous, fantastical image—is that a prism in the bird-artist’s hand, a Goethean bird?—especially after seeing this:

3 Likes

It seems to be a prism…
So Fucking Sad about that ship
and the consequences…
this brings a Existential Heartbreak!

HeartBeat

3 Likes

" it will basically destroy the whole bottom of the sea"

Welcome to the world of the damned.

3 Likes

Thou wast not born for death , immortal Bird!-John Keats

3 Likes

Dear @dexterr, @andreavdl, @Michael_Stumpf, @Geoffreyjen_Edwards, @johnnydavis54 and anyone else considering participating in this group. We’re about 3 weeks out from the Solstice, so it would be good now to finalize and the date and time of our first meeting.

After speaking with Maia earlier today, we’d like to propose that our first meeting take place on Saturday, June 20th19th at either 9, 10, or 11 a.m. Pacific time. As a backup, it is also possible we could meet on Friday late morning / early afternoon, if that works better for the group as a whole.

Would you take a moment to let us know your personal preference and availability for this first meeting? We will talk about ongoing meeting times after (or as part of) the first gathering. Thank you!

2 Likes

Dear Marco,

Saturday would be June 19th… 9, 10, 11 all good for me :wink: Andrea

3 Likes

Hi,Marco
Saturday would be June 19th… 9, 10, 11 all good for me too!!!

2 Likes

Saturday works for me, too. Friday would be out for me, I have meetings all afternoon. For the time, maybe 9 am Pacific time (noon my time) leaves the afternoon free, but it is only a slight preference.

3 Likes

Thanks for the invitation. Doug has suggested I might fulfill the function of a meta-critic of this performance. I can be outside and near by, slightly on the edge, which is where the dramaturg should be. I will tune into recordings if they are made available and will be glad to offer feedback that might be of use to the group dynamic. How might we as a group reflect upon our own emerging performance culture? As I am a student of new media this might be a chance for me to explore a different style of presentation. I use the visual system a lot, the use of drawing and movement, face and gesture are important for me, so, Doug, diplomatically suggested, I might want to sit this one out. As a communicologist, I greatly respect the history of radio drama and also the value of audio podcasts. So, good show everyone, break a leg and I look forward to listening to your collaborative efforts!

3 Likes

Thank U for bringing your Third Ear John!

3 Likes

Received the hard copy yesterday in a sun-lit puddle of water formed upon the front porch, puddle steaming from the sun’s fresh heat after a few days of grey and downpour. Reighn poured praise at the creative community that continues to add cosmic color to our bookshelves (my closet is now 3/4 bookshelf in our humble abode; clothes only needing to occupy a sliver of space, enough to keep me clothed as I read). I have wanted to say, @Ariadne, since downloading the e-copy a year or two ago, that the watercolor on the cover has colors that set the eyes afire each time viewed. I requested an ocean drum as a bday gift a few years back and would love to put it to use. And perhaps this may be an opportunity for intergenerational activity or a chance for the garage band Ariadne and the Dreamers to practice.
:guitar: :drum: :dancer: :microphone:

@madrush: has it been determined which audio service will be used? It may be helpful to prepare in advance the technical ebb and flow.

@johnnydavis54 : I had typed most of this response last night and planned to finish this morning. I do hope for you to join us for this in any form you desire to take. I had suggested the metareflection based on an assumption that the visual performance with cues, facial response, third-eye reflection is your preferred medium. If my assumptions are holding you back in any manner, please discard them! After a few pages into the reading, one can only expect another shimmering and glimmering reflective conversation.

3 Likes

Carry on, old chap, I will go out to bird watch and catch you later. Have fun everyone!

3 Likes

Yes! I will send the group a private message with the deets. Also: it sounds like June 19 at 9 a.m. Pacific time will be a good choice for us…but I would like to hear from @dexterr to confirm.

1 Like

Hi Marco

The details of the zoom meeting coalesce with my everyday. I’m still curious about how to acquire a copy of the text.

Ryan

1 Like

Hi Ryan, that’s good to hear that the timing works. Please message @Ariadne to arrange for a print version of the book. Here is a PDF copy you can access in the meantime.