See You In Our Dreams – Reading Performance Group and Social Dreaming Experiment

Thanks for the invitation. Doug has suggested I might fulfill the function of a meta-critic of this performance. I can be outside and near by, slightly on the edge, which is where the dramaturg should be. I will tune into recordings if they are made available and will be glad to offer feedback that might be of use to the group dynamic. How might we as a group reflect upon our own emerging performance culture? As I am a student of new media this might be a chance for me to explore a different style of presentation. I use the visual system a lot, the use of drawing and movement, face and gesture are important for me, so, Doug, diplomatically suggested, I might want to sit this one out. As a communicologist, I greatly respect the history of radio drama and also the value of audio podcasts. So, good show everyone, break a leg and I look forward to listening to your collaborative efforts!

3 Likes

Thank U for bringing your Third Ear John!

3 Likes

Received the hard copy yesterday in a sun-lit puddle of water formed upon the front porch, puddle steaming from the sun’s fresh heat after a few days of grey and downpour. Reighn poured praise at the creative community that continues to add cosmic color to our bookshelves (my closet is now 3/4 bookshelf in our humble abode; clothes only needing to occupy a sliver of space, enough to keep me clothed as I read). I have wanted to say, @Ariadne, since downloading the e-copy a year or two ago, that the watercolor on the cover has colors that set the eyes afire each time viewed. I requested an ocean drum as a bday gift a few years back and would love to put it to use. And perhaps this may be an opportunity for intergenerational activity or a chance for the garage band Ariadne and the Dreamers to practice.
:guitar: :drum: :dancer: :microphone:

@madrush: has it been determined which audio service will be used? It may be helpful to prepare in advance the technical ebb and flow.

@johnnydavis54 : I had typed most of this response last night and planned to finish this morning. I do hope for you to join us for this in any form you desire to take. I had suggested the metareflection based on an assumption that the visual performance with cues, facial response, third-eye reflection is your preferred medium. If my assumptions are holding you back in any manner, please discard them! After a few pages into the reading, one can only expect another shimmering and glimmering reflective conversation.

3 Likes

Carry on, old chap, I will go out to bird watch and catch you later. Have fun everyone!

3 Likes

Yes! I will send the group a private message with the deets. Also: it sounds like June 19 at 9 a.m. Pacific time will be a good choice for us…but I would like to hear from @dexterr to confirm.

1 Like

Hi Marco

The details of the zoom meeting coalesce with my everyday. I’m still curious about how to acquire a copy of the text.

Ryan

1 Like

Hi Ryan, that’s good to hear that the timing works. Please message @Ariadne to arrange for a print version of the book. Here is a PDF copy you can access in the meantime.