Swarms: Organic Collective Genius In Elegant Action?

I just watched this video and I like the ideas in it. I feel a high sense of affinity about the functional principles of swarms and envisioning what Cosmos could become, in form and practice.

What do you all think?

Found through Bloom Network

1 Like

Very deeply intriguing ! I was just reading about starling swarms and how science is studying them. A nearly impossible feat: thousands of birds, sometimes a mile long, are moving together in synchronous harmony, with no collisions…
I do think the “self-organizing” of small voluntary groups, each with a “face”, can accomplish more and differently than organizations with typical hierarchies and practices. So one thing this reminds me of is when we talked about “cosmopods” not too long ago. Three or more, maybe up to seven? One person might be the “interface” with other “comospods” of various ilks, to share experience, insights, creative proposals, et al.
I’ve been noticing for a long time that sharing the general direction is enough, we don’t need complete agreement or “perfection” as Rick says, so there is room for mistakes and omissions…which in turn can lead to new projects, etc. I’ve often noticed that mistakes taken as Learnings or hints toward something unplanned can be a rich source of creativity. For example in musical composition or painting: unintended off notes or blobs of color can sprout a new melody line or thumbnail detail…
“Interflow” is fun! I do imagine that starlings are blissed out as they swoop and swirl in their great streamings! Joy is the spark perhaps to ignite the altered state, the nterflow that can be evoked but not set about deliberately and “managed”. Evocations are state-changing actions/elements. (Ritual, music, deep listening, slowing down, silence…)
And I really like it that Rick brings in “fun” as a powerful attractor! The word “li” (the pattern-making change/movement of the universe) is playful, graceful…an Interflow of happenings that is not chaos but a pleasing and meaningful ever-changing yet satisfyingly recognizable pattern which at the same time, remains mysterious. LIke a repeating dream or the way aurora borealis light-banners undulate, or fire flares and contracts or…
on and on in the natural world around us and in our body/minds.

I love your subtitle: Organic Collective Genius In Elegant Action!
To experiment with this, how/where might we begin?

1 Like