The Life Divine – Reading Group, Session #18 [10/11]

(Mindful AI) #1

Temporary video link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MGbs3r4Jg7rtK1QhXcNoHDMjPL4yohqP

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MGbs3r4Jg7rtK1QhXcNoHDMjPL4yohqP

Reading

Book Two: The Knowledge and the Ignorance—The Spiritual Evolution

Chapter XXIV: The Evolution of the Spiritual Man

@Matteo has kindly offered to lead this session.

How to Participate

(Geoffrey Edwards) #2

Just a quick note… I won’t be present this week as I will be en route to Denver and Boulder at that time. Have a good session anyways - I know you will!

(Marco V Morelli) #3

Thanks for the note, Geoffrey. Safe travels!

(Mattéo Needham) #4

Dear Friends, I was really looking forward to presenting this week, however, I’ve just landed at my Airbnb in Amsterdam and the walls are so thin that I can hear the couple whispering in the room next to me. I think it would disturb the tenor of the household to start talking at 2 a.m…I am sorry, but I sense it is the right decision to pass. I’m happy to present on one of the two chapters next week. Love, Mateo

(john davis) #5

Thanks Matteo for letting us know. I could lead off with some ideas that might be of use. I will be glad to play your understudy at the last moment. Here is an idea for this evenings call.

Alternate ways of knowing/becoming are explored in Michael Murphy’s Future of the Body . His pioneering research is worth taking a look at as he was influenced by Sri Aurobindo and created the famous Easlen Institute. I suggest that we take a look at this list of meta-normal capacities Murphy listed. Musing upon the list before bed may trigger some deep learnings. We could imagine how this list fits with the descriptions of Sri Aurobindo of the Supermind in action in these complex chapters. I am open to that possibility.

–Synesthesia, or crossing of the senses, seeing sounds, hearing colors
–Feeling that someone is watching you and then turning to meet their gaze.
–Feeling a compatibility or incompatibility before you meet someone.
–Spontaneous , unexpected perceptions of distant events
–Hearing music or sounds for which there is no physical source
–Correctly sensing the presence of lost objects
–Opening books to the exact pssagee you are looking for
–Sensing a numinous presence around persons or places
–Watching someone’s face reveal -as if in slow motion-younger or older aspects of their nature
–Seeing lights around people or inanimate objects
–Looking at something familiar and seeing it for the first time
–Spontaneously apprehending the presence of someone physically distant or dead
–Sensing chakras and energy flows
–Hearing melodies that reflect your physical condition
–Telepathically stimulating moods in another person
–Correctly intuiting someone’s negative or postive feelings
–Merging with someone while during sex
–Feeling pains of distant friend and then finding out about their illness or injury
–Sensing the mood and intention of an animal
–Sharing the well being of a friend at a distance
–Having the same dream a friend has
–Accurately sensing someone’s prayers on your behalf
–Feeling intense energies for which there seems to be no apparent cause
–Sensing a rush of electricity up the spine, accompanied by visions, mental illumination or great strength.
–Feeling a strong mood in an empty room
–Out of body experience
–Lucid dreaming
–Correctly sensing danger
–Apprehending complex ideas all at once
–Experiencing joy while doing routine tasks
–Experiencing an identity that existed before you birth and that will outlast your body’s death

(john davis) #6

Access to the temporary video is denied! Bummer. I am trying to keep the ball bouncing.

(Douglas Duff) #7

Hello Johnny. Both video links have you listed as one who can access, so I cannot determine where the issue might be coming from. My only suggestion is to check you’re in Gmail login status. For example if you have two accounts, you might not be able to access unless logged into the johnnydavis54 account. Good luck!

(john davis) #8

Thanks Doug. The video is now available. Have a great day!