Torus, Time-Space, and Themes of History: A Doughnutology?

I was going to say “no, not really”, but instead I went for a walk. I watched some of the news commentary surrounding today’s rally in Boston. I read Gebser’s take on Heidegger and the “end” of the Western philosopheme [EPO, pp. 402-405]. I read some more of Young, ate a late lunch.
To tell the truth I don’t know if I’m up to something or if something is up to me - something that has picked me but knows it needs more help than I in my profound lack of qualifications can give it. (LOL) My peripheral vision glimpses an integral city - a spacetime robust enough for a world and gentle enough for a child. My frontal focus tells me it is all very well and good for a vision to pull toward the future from the future, but that pull must be exerted on the “here and now”, where the past can be both a weight and fuel in both positive and negative ways.
Scientism isn’t it. Neither is historical theorizing which effectively leaves out the human “probability fog”, by the way. But even the blind spots can tell us something, especially with a donut in each hand. :wink:

So to answer the seminar-interest question I would like to (1) make sure I understand Young with input from those who have read him in agreement, disagreement, or “meh”; (2) look at process, perhaps with a glance at Quigley among other examples; and (3) unabashedly continue to pick brains.

John, I deeply appreciate the provocation of thought. I’m sure glad you hit me with this on a Saturday, though; I would have been useless at work. :smile:

2 Likes