Winter of Origins: How To (Reading Schedule and Other Info)

You can participate in the reading, first of all, by reading the book. :smile:

So first, let’s take a look at the schedule.

##Reading Schedule

We will be reading approximately 75 pages per week. Reading for Week 1 officially begins January 11th.

###PART ONE
Week 1 (Starting 1/11)
Preface, Pages 1-73
Chapters 1 – 3.
(Read up to Chapter 3, section 5, “Mental Structure.”)

Week 2
Pgs. 73 – 155
Chapters 3.5 – 4

Week 3
Pgs. 162 – 236
Chapters 5, 6.

Week 4
Pgs. 248 – 292
PART 1, Chapters 7, 8
PART 2, Chapter 1

Week 5
Catch-up & review

###PART TWO
Week 6
Pgs. 294 – 362
Chapters 2, 3, 4

Week 7
Pgs. 367 – 437
Chapters 5, 6, 7

Week 8
Pgs. 445 – 504
Chapters 8, 9

Week 9
Pgs. 528 – 547
Chapters 10, 11, 12, Postscript

Note: Endnotes for each chapter, Part Two Endnotes, and “Remarks on Etymology” are optional reading.

##Accessing EPO
If you’re looking for hard copy of Ever-Present Origin, we recommend Barnes and Noble and Books-a-Million. Amazon is out of stock until mid-February.

If you’re waiting for your copy to arrive, you can still read along online. Take a moment to download Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

We’ll be discussing the reading as we go, both here on the forum as well as live in a series of live Google hangouts.

##Using the Forum

We encourage you to post your own topics, and ask your own questions, as well as read and reply to others’ posts. Click the “Reply” button to comment on an existing topic, or the “+New Topic” button to create a new one.

Please also take a moment to update your profile with an image and short bio, to help everyone get to know each other a little.

If you need help, tech-related or otherwise, post a message in our tech support topic, or contact us by email.

##Join or Watch the Live Hangout

We’re doing our kickoff hangout on Wednesday, January 13th at 9 p.m. EST. You won’t need to have read EPO yet. This is the first in a series of weekly hangouts hosted by the litgeeks team to facilitate discussion around the reading. (Schedule TBA)

Join the Hangout here: Sign in - Google Accounts

Or view and chat with us on the live YouTube page: Winter of Origins – Week 1 – Kick-off Hangout - YouTube

##More Resources
Jeremy started a resources thread on the forum, “Digital Resources for Ever-Present Origin,” containing secondary sources, audio and video lectures, and other helpful content to help build the hype(r)text around EPO.

As we progress through the weeks, we’ll add more resources to enrich the discussion—but we also hope that you and our fellow readers will help us find and create new resources, new directions for thought and creativity, through the process of our dialogue.

If you have an idea for something you’d like to see develop here, propose it! And let us know how we can help…

Woo-hoo!

I ordered the book on the 9th, but it isn’t coming into Jan 29th. I looked through my local libraries, and found one at Portland State University’s library. It said it was on the shelf, but, low & behold, it was missing…the librarians are looking for it for me and promise to send an email if found.

I also tagged you ( @Jeremy ) on fb to see if a digital copy of the 1st few chapters were avail, but didn’t see a reply, if you sent one…I was starting to feel like a Cosmic Joke was being played on me. Then, just as I was about to send a email to yall, I found this!!! And, the first few chapter’s are here…I’m gonna have to do some deep reading tomorrow.

It might be of value to make this information more accessible for other’s that are in similar situations. Maybe an email or a separate post? One of the emails sent out, provided alternative places (other than Amazon) for purchase, but didn’t provide links to the first few chapters while waiting for delivery. :slightly_smiling:

( cc @madrush)

1 Like

Also, just realized that the first 3 chapters are to be read, but only the first two chapters are provided. If it is at all possible, it’d be great to get up to Chp 4, which will get me through Week 2. By Week 3, the book should be in…if those rascally librarians don’t find their copy for me first.

I know you stumbled on this already, but for anyone else with the same question who reads this thread, here is an easy way to get access to an electronic copy of the text: An option for accessing EPO in digital format - #2 by Donna