Cosmos Café [1/29/19] - William E. Connolly's Prelude from Facing the Planetary

I don’t know. I was thinking of linear thinking in relation to our Connolly Cafe discussion, the biological gradualism that places human as the top of the line, at the top of the evolutionary pyramid. Perhaps I could simply exclude the non-linear part and leave it at new thinking allowed. Or new ____ allowed. And maybe it is not new, so ____ allowed. I am inclined to leave it at ____

Sigur Ros has an “untitled” album …called ( ). You can check out the Wikipedia page for some interpretations of their use of ( ). They also make use of a jibberish language Hopelandic. “The Hopelandic of ( ) consists of one eleven-syllable phrase, “You xylo. You xylo no fi lo. You so.”, various permutations and subsequent variations thereof are sung over the course of the album.” No song has a title. I can say that this album (along with other sounds they have produced) has moved me to places beyond words, beyond thinking, beyond this earth. I personally believe they have tapped into cosmic resonances, a psychoanalysis for psychonauts. I interpreted, at one point in their Hopelandic variation, the “words” “you xylo, no fi lo” as “you sigh on, but not for long” a personal mantra I chanted while traversing the earth and its (dis)contents. The musical contents of ( ) do follow a linear progression in time, as any recording must, but the musical creativity cycles upon itself, within each song, at the halfway point and the ending looping back into the beginning.

I have personal thoughts on how this connects with your question, but words are not necessary, beyond my weak attempt here. I am not the guy to determine the language we might utilize. Our creativity could utilize alternate/alternative thinking that allows for the line to do a little squiggling.

5 Likes