Cosmos Café [11/13] Autumnal Mapping of Meta-phorical Thinking: Guided by the Gut Through Invisible Territories Into Communal Concretion

My question for you, Doug, and for all of us, is how do we do this? What is the sequence of steps that are needed to make even a small bit of any of this to actually manifest in a two hour Cafe for next week? How , for example, do we chunk down our wish lists and act upon our current knowings? Chunk down and chunk slow and find a sequence. Sort of like the Crow that cracked the nut.

From where I am sitting we have 4 days until the next Cafe. Doing a chapter from Gebser is not easy to do. Does everyone have a copy? Are enough people interested? This kind of organization is hard to do online with people running around all day and not picking up their messages until a week from now. How do we know if anyone is getting the message?

The Jorge video is easy to watch and can be easily absorbed and others have already expressed an interest. This could be an appetizer for a more detailed dive into his writing at a later date. Jorge mentions John Heron, another integral thinker, we may do at another Cafe.

My concern is the curtain is going up and no one has a clue what their lines are or what the skit is even about. Spontaneity requires structure. I recognize some people have other things to do.

So whatever we do we should probably find a balance between long term dreams and short term actual occasions. I think the Cafe will get dull if we don’t plan a little bit ahead. So far we have been stimulating. I hope we can continue to keep it lively. Anyone who takes an interest in such planning has my support.

2 Likes