Cosmos Café: How do we ask worthy questions of one another? [1/16] [Cosmos Development]

THUS SPOKE ZARATHUSTRA was a seminal book in my intellectual development, which I first read in my early 20s but have only revisited in bits and pieces since then. I would love to re-read at least some part of it and have conversation with anyone here who is interested. Perhaps we could schedule it a few weeks out to allow time for reading and build-up, around our various other topics and comittments?

Regarding interacting w/ Cosmos as a writer, or any other creative type, I think you ask a really key question, @ZacharyFeder, and I can relate. I would like this platform to amplify and enhance my writing process, not take me away from it. The formative stages of our organization have definitely taken their toll on my pure writing time; on the other hand, I feel that I am becoming a much better writer and thinker through my interactions here, so that when I DO have the time and space for pure writing again (I have a novel, poetry, and essays all in various stages of development), the output will be coming from a higher, deeper, more sophisticated level; moreover, I will have a grown a community of readers who can respond meaningfully to my work.

We are each “use cases” for what this platform can become. As we express our real needs, desires, limitations, tensions, and aspirations, I think this contributes to the overall intelligence of the system and can allow us as individuals to better calibrate how we can contribute, and what we’d like to see happen in the common space.

What would a social media space that’s friendly to creative types, who need a lot of space and solitude, look like? I think there are some real design innovations that could come out such questions. What are some other questions we can ask that could lead to making this platform work better for all of us who’ve been bitten by whatever bug has brought us all here?

3 Likes