Do we use Facebook, or does it consume us?

I’m addicted to Facebook like our culture is addicted to fossil fuels. I don’t want any part of using it, but I still can’t effect my extraction. It IS a helpful tool for finding out about local & friends’ events of interest to me… but that’s the voice of Big Brother on my tongue, isn’t it? :wink: We’ll see… I might not be long behind you, friend… jumping off the precipice sounds extremely refreshing to me.

3 Likes

Like Jim, I don’t get out much these days. I am a bit older and losing my mobility, so, as I ponder my Groundhog days here in a retirement village at the end of the world in Hobart, my main joy is to discover a new friend, or two through the internet.
Facebook is a facilitator to further reach out than limited real meetings require but I agree that it can be a trap to be too reliant on its ability to do your specific purpose in life.

2 Likes

There are a myriad of tools now, to plant seeds and grow.

1 Like

True, times have changed; we have all the tools we need and many more. The pertinent questions, for me, now, revolve around qualities of individual attunement, cooperative intelligence, and collective will. And what winds will blow our sails, toward which finite isles, on what course through infinity?

2 Likes

I don’t know, and I’d like to keep it that way, for aware, at least.

1 Like