An ideal world: Who's up for a(n ontological) quest?

OK, it’s been a while – not a long, long while – but sooner or later we have to get down with the project. I appreciate the feedback and the input and have decided to kick this undertaking off with a simple CCafé. During the course of the reading, of course, I’m still open to alternative timings for the face-to-face sessions, but other than Di’s considerations, I don’t have a lot to go on, so I’m thinking about at least one – perhaps the final sesssion – at a time that is quasi-convenient for everyone.

In other words, I’m going to put together a page for a CCafé page for a session to take place on 11 Feb. That will be the kick-off, so to speak. It is far enough in the future that anyone who is still undecided can decide and prepare to participate. Subsequent sessions – dealing with the real substance of Kastrup’s presentation – will take place ideally in two-week intervals. At least that is my current thinking.

If all goes well, I should have the first thread opened by COB tomorrow (Sunday). If anyone has any objections or alternative suggestions, please bring them forward sooner than later. I, for one, however, am looking forward to sharing this quest with whomever is interested.

4 Likes

Hi all. I’m glad to see that BK has been invited on IC. Good choice. I didn’t read his book but read a couple of his papers, several articles and have been following him for some time on his forum and social media. Indeed, what he says, resonates well with my understanding of science and consciousness studies and, even if I don’t agree on everything, I believe he might be on something important. Will be happy to participate.

5 Likes

If we all agreed on everything, what would we have to talk about?! :crazy_face: I found his sober approach inviting as a basis for a closer discussion about the fundamental issues involved. I think he at least tries to keep his feet on the ground and doesn’t get lost in his own philosophical speculations.

It would be great to have you on board for this, given your interests and background, not to mention your cogent insights into the “reality” question. I have scheduled a kick-off session for 11 Feb. Maybe you can make it.

As I have noted elsewhere, it is not absolutely essential to get his book. The front matter, which is the focus of our kick-off session, is available at no cost as a Kindle reading sample. The content chapters are all available online; I’ll be posting links to them as we go along; and, it is my intention to summarize the introductory chapters to the various sections of the book to ease the overall reading load. Well, that’s the plan at least.

Looking forward to seeing you along the way.

4 Likes

Excellent. I have not checked in here for a while having been busy constructing a new chapter of my life. Perfect topic for me to dig into. Looking forward to it.

5 Likes