Announcing Video Blog "Writing Off The Deep End"

Fellow “cosmo-nauts” Mary Thaler (@marythaler) and Geoffrey Edwards (@Geoffrey_Edwards) have just launched a new video blog series called “Writing Off The Deep End”. To access the series click here.

The series, for which a new episode will be posted every second Saturday, deals with the practice of writing. Essentially, we share our own thoughts, ideas, and experiences with the process of writing, publishing, and networking. The audio-only versions will be added shortly to the Infinite Conversations website within the Podcast channel. We hope you enjoy the series! And if you do like it, please think about subscribing to the series!

9 Likes

That was a lovely first episode, @Geoffreyjen_Edwards and @marythaler!

I like the nice, short, bite-size chunk (especially compared to our normal portion sizes, lol)—and the editing is good too.

As for the podcast (audio-only) version, with have a couple options. There will be a new website at Cosmos.Earth for member-generated content, as well as new blog and podcast channels on Metapsychosis.com. I almost want to lobby for the former, since we are already publishing reading group content on Metapsy, and there is something particularly accessible about your show that I think would go well on the new site. But it’s up to you.

In either case, I’m imagining each episode could have its own page on one of the sites, and that all the episodes would be available on an archive page, with links to corresponding forum discussions if any. People could then subscribe to your podcast on iTunes, Spotify, or other podcast app, and when you upload a new episode it will deliver to their app.

Congratulations on the new show. And Mary, I can’t wait to hear that feminist viking poem!

1 Like

That sounds super, Marco. Think of our effort as an means to promote Cosmos, and we will be happy!

2 Likes

Wonderful! Good luck ya all.

1 Like

Marvelous work and gift you are giving to me/us/this community, @Geoffreyjen_Edwards and @marythaler! I look forward to your conversations and productions. :heart: :pray:

1 Like

Our 2nd episode of « Writing Off The Deep End » is now up. Here, we talk about the mysterious issue of a writer’s voice - what is it and how does one work with it youtu.be/naNVYtSqyn0

4 Likes

This is perfect, @Geoffreyjen_Edwards and @marythaler. I am about to meet up with @hfester (along with @katherine and @Skribblebumpkins) and we are going to record our voices in real space and time, to share here in virtual space and time—as you’ve done.

I wonder if there will be an echo of your thoughtful reflections in our own vocalizations. I have suggested to the group that we work on exploring our voices. I recently met a music therapist who gave me some good advice on skull breathing, which I’ve been practicing with; it seems there are some voices within me (and all of us, I believe!) that want to come out.

Of course, I am talking about “voice” as a physical, heard, felt, vibratory phenomena—voice verging on singing in liminal alignment with speaking and making meaning—which is a little different than (yet can be entangled with) “literary voice,” which you discuss with some friendly pith.

Your untimely timeliness delights. The weaving continues… I am late getting out the door!

3 Likes

Our Episode 3 is up - everything you thought you knew but never articulated about the Craft of Writing - and knowing what good writing looks like!

https://youtu.be/72ZQBJ3EDIE

3 Likes

In episode 5 of our videoblog “Writing Off the Deep End”, Mary Thaler (@marythaler) and I talk about the intersections between our careers as #scientists and as #writers. If you missed episode 4, we dealt with the issue of “Audacity”, another show stopper!

Episode 5 : Writing and Science

Episode 4 : Audacity

1 Like