Cosmos Café: Disambiguating Space and Time [12/5/17]

Thanks for your input @johnnydavis54. We (or at least a few of you here + this guy attempting to play the game Eternal Catch-Up) are treading down a path that will lead us both somewhere unknown and intuited. Though The Irreducible Mind is out of generally accepted price range, Beyond Physicalism is offered at the local library. I would like to see us (sometime in the next year or two, mind you) hone in on the evolutionary panentheistic thinkers as a whole, connecting these with quantum stuff and the profound thinkers mentioned above…and we need more “feminine” thought that Jude offers, if it can be considered that.
Tillich is what brought me back into articulating the wider, more “ultimate” meanings to be found, away from the “what we see is what we get” type of materialist thinking…but he is but a drop in the ocean of Michael Murphy’s list in his essay “The Emergence of Evolutionary Panentheism” from Beyond Physicalism…Fiche, Schelling, Hegel, Aurobindo, W. James, Peirce, Meyers, Bergson, de Chardin, Whitehead, Hartshorne…I have but only dropped their names into my mind and allowed for them to swim at their own pace. Soon the pool will be open swim, I imagine, with the dividers between the quantum lane, theological lane and philosophical lane removed for optimal mingling…

4 Likes