Interview with Dr. Debashish Banerji about Art history, Yoga, Gods, Kali, and Sex in the iconography of India.

Hi eveyone,
Here I share with you the last interview with Dr. Debasish Banerji.
It is a playlist of three videos with different topics…we maybe continue in the future time with others questions if you have some questions for him will be a good moment to post them here or on my channel.

Thank you

Debashish Banerji is the Haridas Chaudhuri Professor of Indian Philosophies and Cultures and the Doshi Professor of Asian Art at the California Institute of Integral Studies. He is also the Program Chair for the East-West Psychology department. Prior to CIIS, he served as a Professor of Indian Studies and Dean of Academics at the University of Philosophical Research, Los Angeles. He has taught as adjunct faculty at the Pasadena City College, the University of California, Los Angeles, and University of California, Irvine. His interests lie in postmodern, postcolonial and cross-cultural approaches to Indian philosophy, psychology and culture. Banerji has curated close to fifteen exhibitions of Indian and Japanese art. He has authored and edited around ten books and art catalogs on major figures of “the Bengal Renaissance” such as the Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore, the artist Abanindranath Tagore and the spiritual thinker Sri Aurobindo; Critical Posthumanism, Yoga Psychology, and on a variety of creative and art-related projects. His most recent books are Integral Yoga Psychology: Metaphysics and Transformation as Taught by Sri Aurobindo (Lotus Press, 2020) and Meditations on the Isha Upanishad: Tracing the Philosophical Vision of Sri Aurobindo (Sri Aurobindo Samity and Maha Bodhi Publishers, 2019).

3 Likes

Hi Claudia, I’m glad to see this interview. Dr. Banerji is a scholar I really admire. I will give this interview a listen when I have some time. The topics covered sound amazing.

2 Likes