Linguistic (Verbal) Hospitality

Hand%20Touch%20Words

This is not a PC thread,it’s a Robust,Engaging Conversation about the Power of Our Speech & how can we move from Hostile use of Words to Hospitable Embrace of Difference while sharing our different concerns of Real Life situations. Welcome to my Heart!

6 Likes

Proverbs 18: 21 - “The tongue has the power of life and death…”

“Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can hurt forever.”

OTOH
A kind word is never wasted.”

Glad to be here. It looks/feels/sounds like a good and friendly place…

6 Likes

The Inspiration of this thread:

Linguistic Hospitality-The Risk of Translation.pdf (466.1 KB)

6 Likes

Great post to welcome me at the top of the page as I make my way back into the forum. Thanks, @Michael_Stumpf.

“The good translator is neither master nor slave.” That really resonates with me. There is no Perfect Translation, but opportunities for creative approximations abound.

6 Likes

“We Shape our Tools,and thereafter,Our Tools shape Us”…Metaphor is one such tool-a powerful one,indeed!

Notice the Hands Touch & Shape the Tools;there seems to be a Digital/Analog Ecology that expresses a Difference that Makes a Difference of a forgotten Unity,Hands & Thinking: the making of Metaphor & Survival “both-and” Thriving.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Does this apply to our art form of Infinite Conversations?

5 Likes

Hand%20Electric

And/Both with our Brains-Mouths-Hearts an Aspiration to bring forth a Different Living World?

5 Likes

Reading%20and%20the%20Body-The%20Practice%20of%20Reading

What is Having a Body that has Fire in the Belly Teach Us about life in ,through & 2 inches Beyond a Body Living in an Environment?

Fire%20Wihin

4 Likes