The Digital Haunted House

Essentially, fellow Cosmonauts willing to proceed in this troubled time:

Other than my enthusiastic recommendation, I’ll let them speak for themselves.

John introduced him to me. Technically he is now one hundred years old, though what he represents is much older still, explained below (borrowed from here: "Second-order" culture & the Axial Age: an overview the unfinished business of which we speak).

"
“Angelus Novus” by Paul Klee (1920)

Walter Benjamin, upon purchasing the print in 1921, christened this fellow “the Angel of History”. He imagined him being swept inexorably into the future on his own outstretched wings by the storm winds of destiny - only backwards, so that he must ever survey the damage of a past he could neither pause nor fix. The truth is we too are being swept inexorably into the future, and we are just as powerless to pause or fix what lies behind us in time. But unlike the Angel we are able not only to turn our heads but to move our wings even if slightly. We have a precious opportunity, if not a duty, to allow memory to serve the cause of wisdom ahead - and this is a difference that should make all the difference in the world. "

Vision and despair struggle mightily within me, and in that I’m sure I’m not alone. I’m learning to value the unresolved tension though, in ways I hadn’t allowed myself before… finally starting to grow up at 52 maybe? (LOL)

How are you? :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes