When One Metaphor Isn't Enough -The Lives of Metaphorical Fluid People

hangouts
(Edward Berge) #21

Yes, I also have an extensive phenomenological practice. One can walk theory and chew the gum of experience at the same time.

2 Likes

(Maia ) #22

No dichotomies anywhere!

2 Likes

(john davis) #23

FB is a different kind of social media culture than has been nurtured here. It’s a very different style. I haven’t posted anything on FB in a couple of years. Kind of jarring.

2 Likes

(LaughingCryingDancing) #24

2 Likes

(Maia ) #25

Indeed. I love Cosmos Coop precisely because it’s so much UNlike FB and all its clones, almost an opposite kind of “place” and philosophical atmosphere.

4 Likes

(john davis) #26

I agree and I really like that about Cosmos. We run parallel to FB. As we move into another phase, which will probably include a mass extinction, it’s nice to know that we have co-created an island of sanity in the vast nihilism of social media. Liminal gestures are welcomed here. We encourage each other to share our communiques from the field, and give this intimate mystery, a size and a shape. We listen to each other carefully, like good musicians, who love the music within, rather than generate competitive, shrill, sharp, feelings, as they do on FB.

4 Likes

(LaughingCryingDancing) #27

Let’s take a walk on the Wildness/Ecological Openness Path of the Awe of Being Alive & the Gift of Friends,Lovers & Strangers!

4 Likes

(Maia ) #28

A beautiful reply, thank you!

2 Likes

(LaughingCryingDancing) #29

The%20Creative%20Adult%20is%20the%20Child%20Wh%20survive

Pablo Picasso said, “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.”

3 Likes

(Ed Mahood) #30

The immediate impression I got when I saw the labyrinth was that of the largest in Europe located on the floor of the central nave of the Notre Dame Cathedral in Chartres, France (and yes, there are a number of Notre Dame Cathedrals in France, the most famous of which, of course, is the one in Paris which burned just a few days ago … and – fun fact – if you plot them out on a map, and connect the dots, the form the constellation of Virgo … go figure).

Anyhow, it’s not precisely the same, but here’s a graphic approximation:

When I went to visit, the chairs had been removed from the nave so visitors could walk it. That, I can assure you, is a very moving experience.

4 Likes

(LaughingCryingDancing) #31

I awoke this morning within a social dream field to the epiphany that this field-moment in timelessness is a Gift & I am Cracked Open!

4 Likes

(T J Williams) #32

That’s wild. I’m sure there’s a life lesson involved in moving steadily toward a destination by being alternately closer to and farther from it.

3 Likes