Conscious Ageing - Interview Series at The Wisdom Factory

hangouts

(Adelheid Hörnlein) #1

In the first half of 2017 we have run almost 30 episodes of CONSCIOUS AGEING. In October we begin again and you can subscribe here for free:

See the program (as confirmed until today) Conscious Ageing Encore Events

(Marco V Morelli) #2

@grannyjan and @DiShearer: I think we’ve touched on “aging & saging” related topics elsewhere? Perhaps this interview series would be of interest?

@Adelheid_Hornlein: out of curiosity, have you looked at the work of Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi as part of your series?

Infinite Cafe - Mind Jam, Open Dialogue, Q&A [9/12, 6 pm MDT]
(Di Shearer) #3

Yes, great input. Thanks Adelheid.

(Adelheid Hörnlein) #4

Thanks for the hint, we will check out the video and see if he would join us.

(Marco V Morelli) #5

I don’t think he can do that. Reb Zalman passed a few years ago. I had the deep pleasure and honor of meeting him when I was at Integral Institute, and also knew his son Yotam, a brilliant mind and beautiful young man. I thought of Zalman because of his book, From Age-ing to Sage-ing, which I know was meaningful to many people and I thought would be relevant to your conversation series.

(john davis) #6

A domestication of peak experiences! I have been doing that for decades and I expect as I mature I will continue to do so. I am 63 years old and I can do a hundred push ups. I did 105 one day last week so there may be a possibility of getting even better. I could never do that many pushups until I started doing Wim Hof’s innovative breath work program, which I started six months ago. The program includes a ten minute ice cold shower. It works!

I have also changed my diet and have the waist line I had in my twenties. No love handles, no belly fat. My vision is perfect, no glasses. We carry a lot of cultural baggage around the aging process. Low expectations creates depression and fog states. I have taken care of the elderly and know this to be true.

Although I love the Rabbi’s insights I would add that worrying too much about the past is a bad idea. I have worked hard all my life and I am not a rich man but I gave all the love I had to many good causes. A harvest may not be material goods but rather a coherent life narrative. I could worry about money and end up in a negative state, trying to defend myself against the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Circumstances are often beyond our control but If you imagine a compelling future your present experience can be illuminated. I am not one to relive the failures of the past. I see the past-orientation to be the cause of much premature aging. We are not made to be looking backward. Cultivating peak experiences creates a disciplined flow state. I have them frequently. And It is never too late to start planning for your next life time…

(Adelheid Hörnlein) #7

Yes, thanks Marco. We watched the video yesterday and some other from 2012 and I realized that he is already dead. What a sublime and powerful personality! A truly integral thinker I thought. What a shame that he was not included in the main integral scene.

Thanks for letting me know and I am grateful for any hint and suggestion of people we could interview on our series.

Heidi

(Adelheid Hörnlein) #8

Wow, Johnny, what a story! This sounds absolutely fantastic! Would you like to tell us more in our series? If so, please contact me at heidi56@me.com and send me your pic and bio. We have spots open from End of November to mid December, always Thursdays.

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.