Conscious Ageing - Interview Series at The Wisdom Factory

(Adelheid Hörnlein) #1

In the first half of 2017 we have run almost 30 episodes of CONSCIOUS AGEING. In October we begin again and you can subscribe here for free:

See the program (as confirmed until today) Conscious Ageing Encore Events

(Marco V Morelli) #2

@grannyjan and @DiShearer: I think we’ve touched on “aging & saging” related topics elsewhere? Perhaps this interview series would be of interest?

@Adelheid_Hornlein: out of curiosity, have you looked at the work of Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi as part of your series?

Infinite Cafe - Mind Jam, Open Dialogue, Q&A [9/12, 6 pm MDT]
(Di Shearer) #3

Yes, great input. Thanks Adelheid.

(Adelheid Hörnlein) #4

Thanks for the hint, we will check out the video and see if he would join us.

(Marco V Morelli) #5

I don’t think he can do that. Reb Zalman passed a few years ago. I had the deep pleasure and honor of meeting him when I was at Integral Institute, and also knew his son Yotam, a brilliant mind and beautiful young man. I thought of Zalman because of his book, From Age-ing to Sage-ing, which I know was meaningful to many people and I thought would be relevant to your conversation series.

(john davis) #6

A domestication of peak experiences! I have been doing that for decades and I expect as I mature I will continue to do so. I am 63 years old and I can do a hundred push ups. I did 105 one day last week so there may be a possibility of getting even better. I could never do that many pushups until I started doing Wim Hof’s innovative breath work program, which I started six months ago. The program includes a ten minute ice cold shower. It works!

I have also changed my diet and have the waist line I had in my twenties. No love handles, no belly fat. My vision is perfect, no glasses. We carry a lot of cultural baggage around the aging process. Low expectations creates depression and fog states. I have taken care of the elderly and know this to be true.

Although I love the Rabbi’s insights I would add that worrying too much about the past is a bad idea. I have worked hard all my life and I am not a rich man but I gave all the love I had to many good causes. A harvest may not be material goods but rather a coherent life narrative. I could worry about money and end up in a negative state, trying to defend myself against the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Circumstances are often beyond our control but If you imagine a compelling future your present experience can be illuminated. I am not one to relive the failures of the past. I see the past-orientation to be the cause of much premature aging. We are not made to be looking backward. Cultivating peak experiences creates a disciplined flow state. I have them frequently. And It is never too late to start planning for your next life time…

(Adelheid Hörnlein) #7

Yes, thanks Marco. We watched the video yesterday and some other from 2012 and I realized that he is already dead. What a sublime and powerful personality! A truly integral thinker I thought. What a shame that he was not included in the main integral scene.

Thanks for letting me know and I am grateful for any hint and suggestion of people we could interview on our series.

(Adelheid Hörnlein) #8

Wow, Johnny, what a story! This sounds absolutely fantastic! Would you like to tell us more in our series? If so, please contact me at and send me your pic and bio. We have spots open from End of November to mid December, always Thursdays.

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.