Cosmos Café [2020-03-20] - Countering the CoronaVirus of the Mind

5 pm MT/ 7 pm ET is when we have planned to meet.
In your timezone: 2020-03-20T23:00:00Z

Cafe Zoom line: https://zoom.us/j/711610894

Beyond facts and factoids, there is a zone. Let us call it the 5th dimension, wherein time and space are born and die—some call it the quantum foam; others, consciousness itself—the ontological primal, the incorporeal jelly-like substance we’re made of. Let’s meet there. No facemasks needed. Keep your skin cells to your self. Let your love light shine through virtual face, hands, gestures, and (weather permitting) well-tempered words. We are all zoomers now. Songs and crayons/paper welcome, and new faces come in from the social isolation of the retracting global dome—a nestweaving of birds appropriates the moment, gathers in the shady sun of still-brown branches that shiver and grow.

Reading / Watching / Listening

I (@madrush) particularly wanted (would still like) to ask:

• How can we understand “CoronaVirus” from different metaphysical points of view?

• Materialist/physicalist
    • Bottom-up panpsychic
    • Idealist
    • Spiritualist
    • Panentheist
    • Integral
  • What is the significance of Cornavirus for our times?

• What is the occult emergent opportunity that Cornovirus perhaps presents for world change? What kind of good ideas might be possible to manifest and realize now that weren’t before?

I also thought I’d share Mirra Alfassa (aka The Mother’s) account of her encounter with the Spanish Flu, via @Matteo, who sent this to the members of the Savitri reading group after our last event.

My final questions for now:

• What is the occult reality of CoronaVirus?
  • Who is CoronaVirus in the subtle realm?
  • What is the relationship between CoronaVirus and God?
4 Likes

I would like to ask each person, " Where would you like to start?"

Each of us may not have a clear theme to present as the notice has been short, but I am sure others have something of interest to develop and to share. As we are scattered in different zones it might be valuable to find out something about what is happening on the ground for each person and how are you dealing with your circumstances. And what kind of support do you need?

I would enjoy a coherent we space.That is what I would like to have happen. I would invite each person to frame the event the way they want.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I would like to start with the Body-Experience ( Being the Body Person I am).
The Frame for this is simple, of each of us (if they so desire)give a 1-3 minute check-in to how their Body is working with “The Change In The Air-Speaking Into the Air” in their homes,cities,states,countries &World.Maybe they find time to scratch out a few sentences or Haiku?

4 Likes

I would like to start by reporting two dreams from last night. I have been practicing lucid dreaming techniques for the past few months. It is a rewarding journey that I feel has only just begun. The demi-god dream I mention because it was mentioned in the latest Savitri recording that The Mother contracted the 1918 flu in Japan and proceeded to “confront” it in a trance state…she had it appear to her as a beheaded soldier. She made battle with it, was sick for a couple days and overcame it as it also started to decline in Japan. (edit: for the direct, more accurate account see book images above) In the dream below the soldiers are still alive and well…but stationary and cannot touch me…i.e it is easily avoided.

• A demi-god, clearly of evil intent is hurling boulder-sized astroids as I navigate a craggy desert landscape dodging the stone shrapnel. It is a pleasant sunny day and I would have otherwise enjoyed my time here. This god continues this as I hide behind giant rocks and weave between crevices. Eventually, I come to a field with a fence. This is still desert and the rocky features have gone away. Two soldiers are now right beside me. They are a lifesized version of toy army soldiers, green plastic and posing with rifles. They have the intent to annihilate me. I run and they cannot follow with their plastic platform fused to their feet. As I walk along the fence, Two more plastic army men are there, much more mobile but slow and dumb in movement. I am not afraid of them but know that if I come into contact with them I will be annihilated (this is the only word that comes to mind when I am thinking in this dream). I am agile and easily leap over the fence, taunting them to come get me. I continue to do leaps and eventually leap away and this sequence ends.

Second Dream:

• This is my 5th lucid dream; the dream is quite mundane but relevant to world affairs.
    I am at a familiar location on my alma mater’s campus, two brick buildings near the library. Daylight streams through the trees which have most of the area covered in shadows. Someone has stepped up to a podium and is giving a speech. It is a public safety announcement and a crowd gathers. She is speaking about the Coronavirus and steps to prevent its spread. In a sinister ironic twist, she asks the crowd to come closer together so we can hear her (as it is unplanned and she is without a tool for voice amplification). I say to my partner that I don’t believe this is a good idea and step away to a corner of the brick building. Everyone is huddled together when I look back and I realize this is a dream. I look at my hands and try to poke through one with no success. Everything still looks normal but I know it is a dream and I begin to become more lucid, making attempts to control the dream. I hear a phone ringing and it appears in my hand. I pick it up and it is a conference call of the same speech being given. Then a voice states “If you are dreaming, press 1” … I hear multiple dial tones and wake up soon after this.

I read the shared prose here and listen to the shared music. I appreciate what I see and hear from you. I ride on waves of mundane tasks, theories of aggrandizement for our “cause”( …whatever that may be…); increased exposure to family; waves of weather springing life into life. Work has increased as the emergency resources pile up. Our membranes are thin but we seem to know how to avoid surfaces that will annihilate our precious little bubbles. Perhaps reading Foams would be fun in the future. I’d like to get real, real quick. But I love to hibernate, ruminate and go slow.

5 Likes

Early this morning, when I should-could-would have been dreaming, perhaps, I started writing up an invocation/invitation/description for this event, inspired by recent exchanges here. I did not get to finish putting it together, so glad you got this page up, @douggins. This is the beginning of how I wanted to frame things:

Beyond facts and factoids, there is a zone. Let us call it the 5th dimension, wherein time and space are born and die—some call it the quantum foam; others, consciousness itself—the ontological primal, the incorporeal jelly-like substance we’re made of. Let’s meet there. No facemasks needed. Keep your skin cells to your self. Let your love light shine through virtual face, hands, gestures, and (weather permitting) well-tempered words. We are all zoomers now. Songs and crayons/paper welcome, and new faces come in from the social isolation of the retracting global dome—a nestweaving of birds appropriates the moment, gathers in the shady sun of still-brown branches that shiver and grow.

Reading / Watching / Listening

I particularly wanted (would still like) to ask:

• How can we understand “CoronaVirus” from different metaphysical points of view?

• Materialist/physicalist
    • Bottom-up panpsychic
    • Idealist
    • Spiritualist
    • Panentheist
    • Integral
  • What is the significance of Cornavirus for our times?

• What is the occult emergent opportunity that Cornovirus perhaps presents for world change? What kind of good ideas might be possible to manifest and realize now that weren’t before?

I also thought I’d share Mirra Alfassa (aka The Mother’s) account of her encounter with the Spanish Flu, via @Matteo, who sent this to the members of the Savitri reading group after our last event.

My final questions for now:

• What is the occult reality of CoronaVirus?
  • Who is CoronaVirus in the subtle realm?
  • What is the relationship between CoronaVirus and God?
5 Likes

Let us use this great introductory piece of yours and others can add edit as it fits the bill.

I love that the dream I experienced was before having listened to John Robert’s description. The Mother mentions it trying to “suck her force”… seems that the annihilation I sensed from the soldiers was no joke!

5 Likes

Having internet difficulty…Racsals…maybe the Gods are having fun???:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::triumph:

2 Likes

Trust yinz (that y’all for non-WPa’ns) had a good chat. Unlike Michael, I didn’t have internet difficulties, the ol’ body just didn’t make it that late. :tired_face: The day was longer than I had hoped. I’m sure you had a good round … the lead-in was interesting enough. I’m going on the assumption that a recording will appear in due time? Will try to catch up then.

5 Likes

Above is temporary link…attempts to download just can’t make it this early!

5 Likes

A very nice round, guys. Good job. Sorry I couldn’t make it … but then it would have been a completely different story, wouldn’t it … group dynamics and all that. :thinking:

First, some fun factoids: the Hitchcock film John referred to is, I believe, “Shadow of a Doubt”; the nefarious uncle was played by Joseph Cotton. Interesting addition: the screenplay was written by Thorton Wilder, well, the first draft anyway, a mere five years after “Our Town”.

Germany hasn’t locked down yet, but some towns have, and Bavaira closed it’s borders yesterday, so to speak, simply because there are still too many people who just don’t “get it”. What is ironic about it all is the fact that if everyone voluntarily did what was suggested, it wouldn’t be necessary to go “dictatorial”, which apparently no one wants, but everybody’s “asking for”. If we did discipline ourselves voluntarily, it would be much easier later to undo the restrictions because they would have been of ours, not of someone else’s, doing. Sometimes it’s the little things that count.

At the moment, the rate of new infections here is at about the same rate that Italy experienced at the beginning. The USA looks to be slightly ahead of that curve, as is the UK. It is too early to tell whether the measures being taken are achieving or will achieve the desired effects. Italy appears only now to be no longer exponential in new infections; that is, they appear to have gone linear. But they’ve had much stricter measures in place for a longer time. Remember, the initial reactions was “it’s a Chinese problem”, “it’s an Iranian problem”, “it’s an Italian problem”. No one wants bad news to be true. Now we’re realizing – again? – globalization isn’t all Mr. Sloterdijk thinks it’s cracked up to be.

What’s important, I think, is that everyone realize that the virus is real. It’s not fake news, it’s not a plot by the political opponent, it’s not “just the flu”. Given, for example, that the governor of Florida had to close the beaches because of all the kids streaming in for Spring Break doesn’t speak well for at least some millennials. I’m not sure that protesting the virus in the streets, as they were today in Brazil, is going to have much effect. The last I heard from Russia (which is providing no statistics to any of the worldwide collection agencies (WHO, John Hopkins, CDC, ECDC, the Robert-Koch Institute, here in Germany, etc.) was that only Chinese people get the disease. We still have a long way to go, it would seem.

So, is there an up-side? Of course, there is. We just might get it this time around. Oh, I don’t think I see the signs of it yet, but it is a distinct possibility. Part of the trick, though, is turning possibilities into probabilities. Where common sense no longer prevails, you have to take stronger actions to get people’s attention. There are more than enough “leaders” around who would be more than willing (some are even eager) to step in and take charge. There is no guarantee, however, that any of these candidates have any more common sense than the folks they’re stepping in for. If anything is going to change, because of this, it’s going to come from the bottom up.

As the CCafé session demonstrated, there are some individuals who are thinking about all of this in a variety of open, creative, and different ways. Each and every one of those participants have a circle of family, friends and acquaintances whom they can influence – to larger and lesser extents, granted – as well. I don’t think we need to “go meta” or “nth order” or anything like that (even if those are perhaps accurate ways of describing what’s happening), rather we need to actually do what we can whenever we can with whomever we can however we can wherever we happen to find ourselves.

As to the Coronavirus/God question: like TJ, I am not even going to pretend that I presume to know what God (who- or whatever That might be) has in mind. Steiner said that turmoils on earth are the manifestations of conflicts playing out in the “higher worlds”. I believe I heard some of that in the excerpt from “Mother” that were posted. It would seem that, at least, John and Doug are catching some of those vibes as well. It could be. I’m neither smart nor sensitive enough to say one way or the other. So, I’ll simply act as if that’s how it is. It can’t hurt. It could possibly help. It might make a difference cosmically, or maybe not. In any case, at a minimum, it gives me a sense of added strength in my own efforts, however humble they may be.

5 Likes

I think we do, Ed. There are probably many ways of describing what’s happening but we would have to " go meta" to our descriptions to make that description. I would say that a good comparativist (which I consider you to be, Ed) is “going meta” all the time. Creating a metaphor is ‘going meta’ and works at a high neurological level. Some people are calling this a “meta-crisis” and I tend to agree. The cognitive system when it is out of synch is hugely destructive. I am much more aware of this, probably, as I have been a member of a community that has been objectified, categorized, and pathologized by pseudo-science. This is not, in my partial view, a trivial concern. How we construct categories is fundamental to how we make meaningful decisions in the real world of facts and factoids. That metaphors are relied upon to construct social realities and shape behaviors is what I mean by " going meta". We are in a theory crisis, technology is stagnant. The relationship between concept and percept, fact and factoid is fluid. I don’t privilege " going meta" and recognize how it is necessary but not sufficient. I find a lot of systems theorists rely way too much on an isolated cognition, a first order systems theory, that is clearly not working. Where do we “make the cut” is not arbitrary, nor is it always in our control. Habits die hard, as anyone who has wrestled with addiction knows. So, I agree that some people are so addicted to the status quo they will need to hit rock bottom before they wake up. I would suggest that some of us may have enough imagination to avoid that as much as possible. Not everyone who hits rock bottom is able to get up again.

I don’t think we are the only ones. I am seeing an explosion of interest in the para-normal and alternative ways of knowing. The following interview, with Iranian-American, Jason Jorjani, does a superb job of tracing out some of the very weird. Occult knowledge is resurfacing and entering the public discourse. Handling paranormal phenomena in a direct way ( as I tried to do with Doug’s assistance) is very hard to do in public but I am open to doing it as we need to co-create a new vocabulary that includes a robust first person account. Comparative studies with good phenomenology, as Kripal says, is crucial. The Fifth Dimension is really real. And the para-normal often creates a lot of paranoia! Thanks, Ed, for your reflections.

4 Likes

Here’s a positing. If you (or I) have it in mind then God has it in mind. We know the mind of God by knowing our own mind, which includes all the possible minds we can know. That seems to me like an idealist idea.

I find the language of these world events (pandemics, crashes, terrorist attacks, climate collapse…) so curious, because they seem to be adding up to something in common. There is a meta-narrative that we participate in creating, yet don’t have a handle on—it has a life of its own, a will to power, a life force or shakti that easily outstrips our conceptions. Yet we discern patterns, trendlines, exponential curves, transformations—make meaning from the mud. This seems like our patterning instinct in play.

Moreover, there is the in-form-ation of the body—the wave function of the breath—through which, arguably, the big G (the Tao, the X-factor) sustains us in being.

My theory is that the God is (some part of ourselves) trying to communicate with us. However, our ability to separate the signal from the noise of any given communiqué depends upon our capacity to understand ourselves, which we can’t possibly do without being ourselves. The virus is an interference pattern effectuating non-being, which activates a being-response on our part.

And so the personal is (and becomes) the ontological, and Cornoavirus is like the spiritual name for a messenger from a known/unknown source—an ambiguous presence—that reminds us of what matters (to us), and even perhaps, subtly, what matter is, in itself, like a garment or feral entity we take on.

Thanks for supporting our efforts to foster “open, creative, and different ways” of thinking, @achronon! I agree that when we are mindful of our actions, as best we can be, the cumulative effect can be life-altering.

4 Likes

Have you built your ship of Death?

The Body is our ship of Death. As we learn to love the Stranger within we are better able to love the Stranger without. The Aliens have arrived and they are us. Our bodies have the capacity to breath in, vibrate, and radiate out, enhancing our intelligence, our immunity.

We must sponsor multiple descriptions to refine our ontology of the fifth dimension. Many people have done this before and used narratives and metaphors that made sense to them. We can study their responses to the crisis in their times even as we modify and revise our encounters in our fragile networks. Now more than ever poetry and the imagination are required to enhance resilience.

Last night I had a wonderful nightmare. I woke up screaming. I had entered a dark space and saw a plastic bag that had been torn up. I recognized an item of clothing that was mine, a white windbreaker, and I saw the contents of the bag were pulled out of the front door which was wide open. I looked out the door to see sheets tied together that went out the door, which looked out upon a row of clouds far below. I was not in a house but something more like a plane. The astonishment caused me to scream.

I relished this. I knew something else was happening and returned to sleep to re-connect to another reality that overlaps with this one. I was able to play large scores of symphonic music that I remembered from my earth world. These imaginal musical recitals activated a vast range of interactions with waves of complex symbolic landscapes, including mathematical and other symbol systems, These new patterns are imprinted on my Imaginal Body which is inter-fused with matter of the body and organ systems. And what belongs to me as good belongs to you.

The Third Eye and the Third Ear are working in tandem creating never before known synesthesia and sensory motor admixtures The highly abstract and the concrete are reconciled through this hybrid body. There are large spaces of void like character but I don’t black out. I stay present as witness to the phantasmagoria.

I was looking though a magnifying glass at lots of different kind of visuals, " I need better resolution." I say. I am interrupted by my mother, ( Death is the Mother of Beauty) who disrupts my efforts to sharpen my visual sense. I say," I am interested in the design." She stops my efforts and I leave her presence with a sense of rage which quickly passes into wonderment.

On a street, the water pressure has erupted from below. I feel the motion of the ocean beneath city streets. The tail of a giant whale has broken through the cement from below. The cement is splitting open.

Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil for thou are with me.

5 Likes

This is the music I played from memory in my Strange Recital. Great music is transcendent and immanent.

2 Likes

I am continuing with my “5th dimension” experiences, it seems. With so much time on my side, I am able to read and discover and unearth strands of strangeness. I don’t know how to describe this path that I am on but will summarize it here.

@achronon, @johnnydavis54 …have either of you heard of/ read John Uri Lloyd, in particular his book Etidorhpa? This one has me traveling to vast troves of past weirdness. Hollow Earth Theory, Freemasonry, telepathy, caves as portals, hibernation, the stopping of Time…just another day for some.

Yesterday I happened to open up Kripal’s Mutants and Mystics…reading chapter one, which mentions Lloyd, led me to find a scanned copy online of Lloyd’s Etidorhpa. This has been a gripping tale of weird experience that appeals to me on many levels.

Kripal's description of the book

The novel is set (and published) in Cincinnati, that is, in the neighborhood of Captain Symmes. Rife with references to secret brotherhoods and fraternities, savants and adepts endowed with secret knowledge and astonishing “superhuman” powers moving unknown among society as they work for the good of mankind, “true esoteric psychologists,” “Esoteric philosophy,” “Christian mysticism,” the “occult Wisdom possessions of Oriental sages,” even a traitorous Alchemistic Letter poised to reveal the shattering truths of a “Secret Society,” the text reads like a Rosicrucian novel, despite the fact that the Rosicrucians are never mentioned (which, I suppose, is very Rosicrucian).

Aside from being a greatly enjoyable read and harboring a home for a great character named “I-Am-The-Man-Who-Did-It” (exactly what he did I have yet to discover), I have a particular interest in this novel because of it mentioning the caves of KY as a portal deep below the “surface of things” …

Kripal again:

the nameless, eyeless, telepathic guide who met I Am the Man at the mouth of a Kentucky cavern and guided him on his journey deep below the surface of things. This eyeless guide—who is really the star of the book—is alternately described as “this mystic Brother,” “the mysterious being” (like I Am the Man), a “mysterious earth-being,” “a cavern-born monstrosity,” “a sage,” and “a scientific expert, a naturalist, a metaphysical reasoner, a critic of religion, and a prophet” who “clothed his language intentionally in mysticism."

Jason Jorjani (who I have also been enjoying) mentions telepathy in the video you linked John. It seems there is a strong connection to many fictional accounts of hibernation, going into the earth and telepathic communication development. On the surface of things, this seems true to me. The more we go away from the external world of sight and senses and the more we go into the inside, the deeper our understanding of the human other’s “thoughts” appears to us. As we read and scan the environment with a still and silent sense, much can be revealed.

Some other reading I’ve been doing in my spare time (Schopenhauer, von Hartmann + other excavators of alternate ways of exploring and unearthing unearthly idea) is widening my definition of the chasm that is the Unconscious. As I feast on these scraps of evidence for time travel, telepathy, etc. which seems to be accessed through underground “hibernative” techniques, much is being revealed. Without going into this any further, just felt a need to report to kindred souls. As always, I appreciate being able to attempt articulation of these ruminations when all other ears are unable or unwilling to hear.

Bonus Edit: a few quotes from Etidorhpa:

in time to come, men will gain control of outlying senses which will enable them to step from the seen into the consideration of matter or force that is now subtle and evasive, which must be accomplished by means of the latent faculties that I have indicated. . . . Step by step, as the ages pass, the faculties of men will, under progressive series of evolutions, imperceptibly pass into higher phases until that which is even now possible with some individuals of the purified esoteric school, but which would seem miraculous if practiced openly at this day, will prove feasible to humanity generally and be found in exact accord with natural laws. . . .
Phenomena that are familiar to the coming multitude, and at last, as by degrees, clearer knowledge is evolved, the vocal language of men will disappear, and humanity, regardless of nationality, will, in science and even in darkness, converse eloquently together in mind language. That which is now esoteric will become exoteric.

On Time

“The usual conception of the term Time—an indescribable something flowing at a constant rate—is erroneous,” replied my comrade. "Time is humanity’s best friend, and should be pictured as a ministering angel, instead of a skeleton with hour-glass and scythe. Time does not fly, but is permanent and quiescent, while restless, force-impelled matter rushes onward. Force and matter fly; Time reposes. At our birth we are wound up like a machine, to move for a certain number of years, grating against Time. We grind against that complacent spirit and wear not Time, but ourselves away. We hold within ourselves a certain amount of energy’, which, an evanescent form of matter, is the opponent of Time. Time has no existence with inanimate objects. It is a conception of the human intellect. Time is rest, perfect rest, tranquillity such as man never realizes unless he becomes a part of the sweet silences toward which human life and human mind are drifting.

6 Likes

I found a pdf at Gutenberg.Libraries and book stores are closed so online materials are crucial. Your genius at finding weird stuff is needed now more than ever. You are making good reading choices in your spare time. I expect that with more spare time we can generate more explorations of the mutating consciousness that is now catching up with lots of folks who were forever evading another reality ( FEAR). Now more than ever before we have time to give sincere attention to the ontology of the Fifth Dimension. Your creative research is greatly appreciated and encouraged.

5 Likes

You have made a good start with the poem you shared. Can you post it here? I would like to read the text.

3 Likes

On What You Can Do For Your Country

…I am there.
I have searched for the right way
The right words
The right mindset
Ontologies and ways to become our ontologies
I have not
and cannot be
what is needed.

But I am what is needed
I am hibernation
From the human contact
From the human
I am in this world but will never be of this world

If the vibrant voices cannot be heard
It is true there is no utopian hope at large
Ground up consciousness
Into the ground I go down

Into the ground I go down
Ground up, compost
Nutrient
A mere iota of a fact.
I go down in history as
Nothing
Nothing said, nothing earned
We are not prepared
But I am
I am prepared to give it all away
To the darkness
The hibernation
It elevates me to realize that the world
Human world will not change.
From the inside, yes…the outside…no
Inside I go
Inside we go.
No light to reflect upon the mirrors of what we mind, mind you.
We go deeper and darker and seek no longer the light.

I know my place. I will not persuade you to follow.
It is my path alone. For me alone. I go alone and you will never follow.
I will discover it all. I will know the earth.
I will be consumed and resume life as it was in an alternate time
Nothing can stop me know

(ended this one with…“Do I need to share this point of view?” Sometimes I am frightened that this “hibernative thought” is what I hold as the ultimate truth of who I/we am/are and who/what I/we am/are to become. To share with others is to leap into the chasms of vulnerability and the unknown. At the time of the writing I was mostly thinking that I cannot be of use to the seen world. I cannot really play a role in helping this world as we see in in daily culture and communication and … the more I read into these words, I realize some part of me must make this leap of faith. But it is not a blind leap…it is because of a direct experience with what the leap means. Another quote from Kripal in Mutants and Mystics:

“These are gnostic experiences,” the writer declares. “You’ve either had them or you haven’t.” By gnostic, Moore means a particular kind of direct and immediate experiential knowledge of one’s own divinity that cannot be reduced to reason or faith and stands very much opposed to the consensus reality of society and religion: “Faith is for sissies who daren’t go and look for themselves. That’s my basic position. Magic is based upon gnosis. Direct knowledge.” - p. 16

…and, as with all of my poems, I cannot muster up the courage to fine tune or tamper with the original words (even the “slip” of the final word “know” rather than what I intended “now” seems like an iota of automatic writing)…witness as warts n all)

4 Likes

The Gnostics vs the Sissies. Of course, we could be a little of both. The Gnostic Sissies.

I am reading Dr. Milton Erickson’s Hypnotic Investigations of Pscychodynamic Processes. Erickson in my view was a Magician, his sophisticated language and rapport with the creative unconscious is beyond weird. He has a chapter on automatic writing. If you are in the mood and have some time we might want to consider a zoom call devoted to working with re-sources that we would like to develop during this powerfully energetic time. We will not be able to make sense or meaning with our ego encapsulated conscious minds. We might be able to come up with some mind-nature coordination exercises. I can think of a lot of directions buiding upon our previous efforts on social dreaming. It’s all about catching the rhythm .

4 Likes

A haiku that arrived from a dream last night:

Came out of winter torpor
World saw its shadow
Back inside now, reflection.

5 Likes