IMMUNITY AND THE IMAGINAL BODY

A smooth flow from a dynamic trio. John, Michael and Seth stepped right into the conversation, brought in their best work. I greatly appreciate the presence of Seth, an infusion of grace, calm and subtle genius … hope to “see you around campus” as we say!

Listening to this exchange has allowed for a deeper understanding of Clean Langauge; I believe this is a shining, tangible example of what you, John, see as our online potential with Clean Language and other direct work with metaphor. Having two individuals with many previous rehearsals to fine-tune their craft, who are well versed with their lines, permits a greater exploration of the metaphorical landscape. And Michael, with his honesty and candid working-of-the-camera, added to this improvisational piece.

I ask myself…what is carried forward? What is remembered (from our Cafe on 3/20Epistemology and Phenomenology of the Fifth Dimension, A Clean Language Re-presentation - #14 by DAN_COLL → Immunity and the Imaginal Body → now)? And what is useful? Some metaphors come and go. Some memories arise from these calls and some will only be remembered upon a review. At this moment three “messages” are coming through:

• As I listened to this recording I was weeding and landscaping for my grandmother. During the listen, memories of other listens to other podcasts arose (was listening to Jeremy Johnson’s interview on Third Eye Drops from almost exactly one year ago…doing weeding and landscaping…I remember exact moments/locations/body movements of when I deeply grokked certain Gebserian concepts)…I will forever remember the exact location and exact body movements as Michael said he was at a point of “wiggle and giggle” … !!

• Micheal Garfield quote from recent podcast/Medium article:
    "The best possible outcome I can imagine from this is to witness all of the creative and intelligent people who have been shackled to pointless, stupid, undignified work for our entire lives rise up and create something new and beautiful together. Emergencies often elicit the best of our humanity, a concern for the true priorities of our existence. These are moments when we are called to act on what really matters, and to contribute to our communities and to the legacy that we pass on, at a time when good ideas are unusually quick to spread. (This sounds familiar to what I preach as an undercover anti-work ranter/inculcator)

• Bergson in Creative Evolution:
    …to exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating endlessly

5 Likes