Ars Electronica, Quantum Fluctuations / Markos Kay (CY/UK) (via Flickr, CC BY-NC-ND)
In the Writers Underground @Geoffrey_Edwards and @hfester began collaborating on the concepts and practices of Quantum & Field poetics, which they presented in a previous Café: Quantum Field Poetics (CCafe 8/21)
This experiment morphed into a presentation to be given, in collaboration with @madrush, at the 2018 Jean Gebser Society Conference in Boulder, CO (Oct. 12-14). During this Café we will present the material we’ve been working on for the conference, inviting our fellow @ccafe participants to join us in activating an integral poetic field.
Geoffrey, Heather, and I will present for the first hour, then open up the space for your own ‘manifestations of the aperspectival’ (or other spontaneous responses). Prior familiarity with Jean Gebser’s ideas is not required to join this Café, but consider perusing the suggested resources below ahead of the event, if you would like a primer.
Panel Description (from the conference program)
Although often applied to the problem of understanding 20th or 21st century literature, the term “quantum poetics” can be equally applied to the writer’s craft. It can be viewed, in general terms, as referring to the notion that text activates a broad poetic field of meaning and resonance, itself grounded in day-to-day experience. Furthermore, attending to both the text itself and its associated field can be productive. We identify three aspects of experience that form the poetic field: the embodied or felt, the spiritual, and the ineffable or incommunicable. Furthermore, this dual attention to field and text is fundamentally aperspectival, and can be related to integral structure as described by Gebser as well as his own interest in grounding historical analysis in etymological and linguistic considerations. Following the individual presentations (see list below), the panel will engage the audience in an exploration of relationships between text and field.
- Geoffrey Edwards
- Heather Fester
- Marco V Morelli
- Ed Mahood
- John Davis
- Mark Jabbour
Reading / Watching / Listening
- THE PRIMORDIAL LEAP AND THE PRESENT: THE EVER-PRESENT ORIGIN - AN OVERVIEW OF THE WORK OF JEAN GEBSER - by Ed Mahood, Jr. (@achronon)
- A Leap in Consciousness: Jean Gebser and the Integral World [video] - by Jeremy Johnson
- “Consciousness Evolution through Art” - by Manoela Bowles
Context, Backstory, and Related topics
- Quantum Field Poetics (CCafe 8/21)
- Cosmos Café: Gebser's "Grammatical Mirror" [3/13]
- ∞ Gebser channel: https://www.infiniteconversations.com/c/metapsychosis/gebser
- Please give us your feedback on our presentation at the end of or after the Café. The first 1hr 45 minutes will dedicated to the event itself.