Continuing the discussion from Cosmos Café – Season 1 [November, 2017 – March, 2018]:
Cosmos Café is a weekly virtual dialogue series that focuses on deep questions of cosmology, consciousness, and culture. Our conversations are designed (and intended) to be open-ended, inclusive, and creative—going nowhere in particular (or seemingly everywhere) yet arriving at the heart of the matter over time. These are performative experiments in cooperative intelligence, grounded in deep reading, mutual listening, embodied experience, and speaking our minds!
Each week, members of the Café crew put their minds together (if only, to take them apart) to discuss an organically chosen topic from the frothy ideas bubbling up on the Infinite Conversations forum. Sometimes we invite special guests, or try creative experiments in sense-making and conversational practice. If you’re following our sessions and would like to offer feedback or make a suggestion, we’re open to ideas. If you’d like to join the conversation, we’d love to hear from you! Please add your thoughts on any topic here on the forum—or message the @ccafe crew to get in touch.
We meet each Tuesday via ZOOM video conference at 1 p.m. Mountain Time (Denver, USA) [convert time zone]—unless otherwise indicated.
Each session is recorded (audio and video) and posted here on the forum for ongoing discussion, and can also be accessed via our global podcast feed and the archive page on Metapsychosis.com (coming soon, really).
ZOOM link: https://zoom.us/j/711610894
- 4/3: Discussing “The Evolution of Consciousness as a Planetary Imperative: An Integration of Integral Views"
- 4/10: Part II: “The Evolution of Consciousness as a Planetary Imperative: An Integration of Integral Views"
Starting in June 2018
- Journey to Supermind (working title) - collaborative reading of Sri Aurobindo’s The Live Divine
Suggested Topics and Reading List
- The Evolution of Consciousness as a Planetary Imperative: An Integration of Integral Views - Jennifer Gidley
- Toward a Genealogy and Topology of Western Integrative Thinking - Gary P. Hampson
- Postmodern Spirituality - Roland Benedikter
- Integral Re-views postmodernism - Gary P. Hampson
- Quantum Poetics – Samuel Matlack
- Topology of the Flesh - Steven Rosen
- Essays on Image schemata
- Geoffrey Edwards & Marie Louise Bourbeau (2008) Image schemata — a guiding principle for multi-modal expression in performance design, International Journal of Performance Arts and Digital Media, 1:3, 189-206, DOI: 10.1386/padm.1.3.189/1
- Consciousness, the Brain, and Spacetime Geometry - Stuart Hameroff
- The Island; see also wiki - Aldous Huxley
Season 1 Leftovers:
- Being Alive: Essays on Movement, Knowledge and Description – Tim Ingold
- The Listening Society – Hanzi Freinacht / Metamodernism
- Love and Math – Edward Frenkel
- “On the Verge of Collective Awakening” [Spanda Journal, VII, 1 / 2017 – George Pór [@technoshaman] /
- Edward Kelly, et al / selected essays from Irreducible Mind & Beyond Physicalism
- Geoffrey Edwards / A 20-Year Plan to Integrate Science, the Arts, & the Divine [see: The integrative Impulse: Sri Aurobindo's Experimental Praxis]