Exoconsciousness?

During my dream yoga practice I sang a song to him. I felt his invisible presence, a vibrational quality, while I was in a conscious self aware state. I assumed that he received my intention and I heard? Felt? What exactly? I was unsure…

When I lay down , after my free form chant to recently departed brother, I felt the brain inside my cranium buzz and an energy started to release from the confines of the coils of the sleeping brain-body. I saw a representation of the brain from a meta-space.

Then I went to another world. a performance art school, populated with new kinds of persons with different capacities for modeling at different scales, putting on a different kind of performance. My dreaming hand played a new kind of musical instrument that worked with strange geometries.But who’s memory is this?

Can the veil be lifted by our simple heart-songs? Is an off-world adventure starting to trigger a new reality? New maps, new territories…and surfing through language and symbols and complex double time structures-

But it is always important to stay connected to human scale. Unless we achieve a human scale we can get seriously lost in the stars. The battle between those confined by 3D and those who are working with 4D and 5D has begun. Can we turn this battle into a dance?

And this reminds me of a story…

4 Likes

Simply Amazing…

1 Like

That was really cool. We habitually exist in such a narrow frame of reference; imagine if we added a temporal dimensional to the scaling in and out—instead, fast and slow, deep time and the mysteries contained within a nanosecond.

This has made me wonder if, just as we learned to harness the explosive power contained inside an atom, we might do the same with some primordial unit of time—the raw moment of experience or duration. And then zooming far, far out, before the Big Bang, after the Big Dissipation (or Big Crunch)…

And where would be looking at the vast and most intimate scales of time and space from? I imagine: the imagination. 5D, here we come! And the smell of the late spring evening air, the girls in the yard playing and pretending amid dogs, birds, and insects. And my mother looking out the back door window, for it’s about dinner time.

2 Likes

Actually, I have an odd answer to this question, Marco. My answer ( a provisional one) is that we would not necessarily be looking at anything at all.

We could be aware of vibrations. Where vibrations? Upon our skin and through voices human and other than human. If you want to know the future learn to give attention to what your skin feels. The skin is the membrane of all membranes. And the membrane of the skin is more than just a surface, it is also already connected to a depth, a holarchic depth, without a beginning or an end.

Duration is known through the touch, the touch of the cilia in your ear canal, the touch of air on the ear drum, the hair in the nasal passages, the network of the nerves along the spine. What we remember, what we forget, what we re-represent-all of it is modulated by touch. Vibrations/sounds trigger us into action ( a snap of a twig ) or soothe us into weird moods. Some of our moods can become compassionate. Then we can communicate beyond the skin encapsulated ego.

An Exercise. Sit comfortably with closed eyes and tune into the sounds around you. Where are the sounds coming from? Do the sounds have a size, a shape, a color? What happens right before a sound? What happens right after a sound? Breathe in the sounds, as they emerge and dissolve, at the surface of the skin. And does the surface of the skin have an outside or an inside? If you watch this with your visual system you will get bored. If you relax and let your skin determine inside/outside you can have many insights and understandings of a 4D or even 5D variety.

And where do all of those sights and sounds and persons come from?

I have no easy answer for this as we are perhaps at our limits as 3D modelers stuck in a physcicalist, externalist derived frameworks. I think the excellent film I linked to, represents the limits of the modernist mind as it seeks to capture an increasingly evasive reality. Can we break out of this? Probably not. But we can, as the film implies, drop into the fabric, the many folds and convolutions.

But what kind of models would emerge from those lucky few who have accessed a multi- dimensional sensory interplay? I suspect such persons are communicating through an off-world consortium of intelligences. My interest in clean language comes out of my experiments with a vaster vibratory network than the 3D grid allows for. We have to use our language differently to get at this alternate way of knowing/sensing world-self-others.

And you want to complete a poem. And can that happen? You will need to go to bed earlier and get up earlier. And can that happen? And what needs to happen to make that happen?

As we model from 4D and 5D zones of proximity the simple meta-patterns of necessity/possibility become of immense importance. This is where Milton and Blake hang out and catch rhythms from the liminal zones. And this is why we continue to vibe with them. Whitman said he picked up letters from God on the street. I think Whitman was reporting accurately and he is using metaphor artfully.

And where do metaphors come from? I have much to say about this but should perhaps press the pause button and relax. It is a gray, wet day and I am immersed within the sounds of the tree outside my window, my beloved Empress tree, most of her blossoms fallen, bedashed with rain.

2 Likes

This Book speaks to some of what U John have Expressed,& Find a Synchronicity with the ongoing Conversation at Cosmos:

An eminent psychologist offers a major new theory of human cognition: movement, not language, is the foundation of thought

When we try to think about how we think, we can’t help but think of words. Indeed, some have called language the stuff of thought. But pictures are remembered far better than words, and describing faces, scenes, and events defies words. Anytime you take a shortcut or play chess or basketball or rearrange your furniture in your mind, you’ve done something remarkable: abstract thinking without words.

In Mind in Motion , psychologist Barbara Tversky shows that spatial cognition isn’t just a peripheral aspect of thought, but its very foundation, enabling us to draw meaning from our bodies and their actions in the world. Our actions in real space get turned into mental actions on thought, often spouting spontaneously from our bodies as gestures. Spatial thinking underlies creating and using maps, assembling furniture, devising football strategies, designing airports, understanding the flow of people, traffic, water, and ideas. Spatial thinking even underlies the structure and meaning of language: why we say we push ideas forward or tear them apart, why we’re feeling up or have grown far apart.

Like Thinking, Fast and Slow before it, Mind in Motion gives us a new way to think about how–and where–thinking takes place.

4 Likes

Feeling many thrills of recognition here, Michael. I just heard someone say on the radio that humans are the only animals who exchange information. Of course what he meant was VERBAL language (though I could argue with that, too), but that statement ignores the broader meaning of “language” which includes imagery, pure sound, gesture, skin/sense perception and stimulation in response, ie commune-ication between beings and elements…
Bacteria exchange “information” continually, and not only information, but their experience/learning via DNA (and other) gift packages. This is language! But not wordage as we humans understand that. The whole world is language, communicating in myriad ways, but we have narrowed the definition down to speech/though in a humanly constructed word-system, ignoring all more-than-conscious mind- creations, so called body languages, etc. “spatial thinking” includes walking, dancing, hugging, and too many gestures/movements to mention.
I saw the other day a 2-D map of Earth…with the tip of South America pointing “up”! It was stunning, and communicated so much. Among other things that there is no “up” except “away from ground” in reference to the planet. I am constantly thinking spatially in re: where I live, ie mountains = north, ocean = south, sun rises east, sets west… even when I cannot see mountains, ocean, sun/moon, horizon…
Thank you for this book by Tversky, I hope to hold, open and take it in someday!
I often ask my body where to find things, what to eat, bypass thought-mind and it works out so much better. But internal body language is subtle! Not easy to learn how to perceive, but once you do, it’s a priceless resource, a gift and guide.

3 Likes

THE BLUES-2T

2 Likes

Thanks for that replies, John—and for the meta-replies, Maia and Michael. I like that you brought the concept of the 5th Dimension back (or forth) to our senses, and specifically the vibratory, feeling-membrane sensing of forces, motions, spaces, omens and information streams—things of and in or off the world—beings that constellate and flux around a not-always-sensitively aware self, too often numbed out in the pain body, with a chip on one’s shoulder or a crick in the neck.

Milton and Blake blazed through the spatiality of the mental to illuminate the rhythm of the spheres—their vividly-vocabularied heights of language-usage work by communicating with (at the level of) our cells. I feel a bio-buzz when I breathe in harmony with living space; the poets invite us into communicable zones of ecstatic meaning in the making.

When it works, it’s moving. I feel intuitively that originary language really comes out of music, chanting, song. The semantic content, code, or information is distinct, but carried on and modulated by vibratory frequencies, which even light and all visual phenomena are, too, on another level.

@Michael_Stumpf: I love that “Blues is the Roots” graphic. I used to have a T-shirt with that exact design. It was one of my favorites, but sadly, has disappeared from my wardrobe. I am reminded of Albert Murray and some of the good music shared in the precursor dialogues to the Cosmos Café.

3 Likes

YES! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One of my first engagements on Cosmos,which kept me coming Back & Finding a Home to Play & Grow My Artistic Seed.Thank You!

3 Likes

Want to suggest Andreas Weber’s two books: Matter &Desire: An Erotic Ecology, and The Biology of Wonder.
If I’ve suggested these before, forgive me! I just this morning read the section on Death in Matter & Desire and am still experiencing aftershocks…
“Fully living means learning to die” not once at the end of our lives, but lit- erally continually…as “kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame” (Hopkins)
" Death alone gifts to all existence its indivisible uniqueness" (Weber) as conceived on in Hannah Arendt’s “natality” in which we flesh and blood creatures, in order to exist, move through non-being, emergence and disappearance, again and again and again. Death gives birth in proportion to the generosity of life’s dying. Our human mistake is tragic! To war against death at all costs, is to war against life.

2 Likes

Our Mutual Friend Stephen Jenkinson Echos Your Expression:

We Seem to Be Playing a Call & Response,Ariadne,
Thank for the Dance.

1 Like